Generic Name and Formulations:
Antihemophilic Factor (recombinant): nominally 250 IU, 500 IU, 1000 IU, or 2000 IU; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV inj after reconstitution; plasma/ albumin-free; preservative-free; contains polysorbate 80.
Indications for XYNTHA:
In Hemophilia A: to control and prevent bleeding episodes, and for perioperative management.
Adults and Children:
Individualize and titrate. Give by IV infusion over several minutes. One IU of factor VIII per kg raises the plasma factor VIII activity by about 2 IU/dL. Bleeding (Minor): factor VIII level required is 20–40 IU/dL or % of normal, repeat infusion every 12–24 hours as needed for at least 1 day, until resolution; (Moderate): 30–60 IU/dL or % of normal; repeat infusion every 12–24 hours for 3–4 days or until hemostasis; (Major): 60–100 IU/dL or % of normal, repeat infusion every 8–24 hours until resolution. Perioperative (Minor): 30–60 IU/dL or % of normal, repeat infusion every 12–24 hours for 3–4 days or until hemostasis; (Major): 60–100 IU/dL or % of normal; repeat infusion every 8–24 hours until hemostasis and wound healing occurs.
Hypersensitivity to hamster proteins.
Discontinue if hypersensitivity reactions occur. Monitor for development of Factor VIII inhibitors; may need dose adjustment. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Labor & delivery. Nursing mothers.
Headache, arthralgia, pyrexia, cough, diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, asthenia; anaphylaxis.
Kit—1 (w. diluent, supplies)
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Higher BUN May Increase Risk for Incident Diabetes
- Efficacy of Novel GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Drug Device Examined
- Takeout Food May Increase Adverse Health Consequences in Children
- Nonhormonal Options Available for Menopause Symptom Relief
- Plasma Volume Changes Mediate Risk of CV Mortality With Empagliflozin
- New Consensus Recommendations on Use of Continuous Glucose Monitoring
- Does Genetic Susceptibility Lead to Late-Onset Type 1 Diabetes?
- Clinical Outcomes in T2D: Low-Carbohydrate vs Calorie-Restricted Diet
- New Continuous Glucose Monitoring System Now Available for Medicare Patients
- Text Message-Delivered Interventions Effective for Weight Management
- Effect of Intra-Articular Depot Betamethasone on Insulin Resistance in T2D
- Gastric Bypass vs Sleeve Gastrectomy Outcomes in Morbid Obesity
- Acute Kidney Injury Increases Risk for Postdischarge Hypoglycemia in Diabetes
- Novel Deep Learning System May Help Identify Diabetic Retinopathy
- Trends in CVD, Risk Factors, and Medications in Children With T1D