Generic Name and Formulations:
Radium Ra 223 dichloride 1000 kBq/mL (27 microcurie/mL) with a total radioactivity of 6000 kBq/vial (162 microcurie/vial) at the reference date; IV injection.
Indications for XOFIGO:
Treatment of patients with castration-resistant prostate cancer, symptomatic bone metastases and no known visceral metastatic disease.
See full labeling. Administer by slow IV over 1 min. 50kBq (1.35 microcurie) per kg given at 4 week intervals for 6 injections.
<18yrs: not established.
Women who are or may become pregnant. Pregnancy (Cat. X).
Not for use in women. Bone marrow suppression. Perform hematologic evaluation at baseline and prior to every dose. Before 1st dose, the ANC should be ≥1.5 X 109/L, platelets ≥100 X 109/L and hemoglobin ≥10g/dL. Before subsequent doses, the ANC should be ≥1 X 109/L and platelets ≥50 X 109/L; discontinue if no recovery within 6–8 weeks after last dose despite receiving supportive care. Monitor closely if evidence of compromised bone marrow reserve. Discontinue if life-threatening complications occur despite supportive care for bone marrow failure. Monitor oral intake and fluid status carefully. Males (use condoms) and female partners of reproductive potential should use highly effective contraceptive method during and 6 months after completion. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Concomitant chemotherapy: not established. Discontinue if concomitant with chemotherapy, other systemic radioisotopes or hemibody external radiotherapy.
Alpha particle-emitting radioactive therapeutic agent.
Nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, peripheral edema, anemia, lymphocytopenia, leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, neutropenia.
Single-use vials (6mL)—1
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Single Blood Sample Highly Predictive for Subsequent Diabetes Diagnosis
- Adjunctive Metformin for Insulin Resistance in T1D: A Clinical Perspective
- Effect of Fructose, Allulose on Postprandial Glucose Regulation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Sex Hormone Levels May Affect Postmenopausal Heart Disease Risk
- Menopausal Hormone Therapy Slows Cognitive Decline in Postmenopausal Women
- Diabetes Treatments
- Metformin May Decrease Colorectal Cancer Risk Among Males With Diabetes
- SGLT2 Inhibitor, GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Combination Treatment for Type 2 Diabetes: Expert Insights
- Semaglutide May Induce Weight Loss in Type 2 Diabetes Despite BMI
- FDA Clears Omnipod DASH System for Diabetes Management
- Effect of Infant Feeding Practices and Gut Microbiota on Overweight in First Year
- Empagliflozin, Linagliptin Combination Therapy vs Linagliptin Monotherapy for Type 2 Diabetes
- Cleared Blood Glucose Monitor Systems Not Always Accurate
- CDC: Obesity Prevalence Higher in Non-Metropolitan Counties
- Vascular Mortality Declining in Adults With Diabetes in the United States