VOSPIRE ER Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Albuterol (as sulfate) 4mg; ext-rel tabs.
DAVA Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for VOSPIRE ER:
Swallow whole. 4–8mg every 12 hours; max 32mg/day in 2 divided doses (every 12 hours).
Swallow whole. <6yrs: not recommended. ≥6yrs: 4mg every 12 hours; max 24mg/day in 2 divided doses.
Avoid excessive use. Sensitivity to sympathomimetics. Discontinue if paradoxical bronchospasm or cardiovascular effects occur. Cardiovascular disease (eg, coronary insufficiency, arrhythmias, hypertension). Diabetes. Hyperthyroidism. Seizure disorders. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid MAOIs, tricyclics within 14 days (increased cardiovascular effects). Oral sympathomimetics: not recommended. Antagonized by β-blockers. Monitor digoxin. Caution with other drugs that lower serum potassium.
Tremor, headache, nervousness, GI upset, tachycardia, muscle cramps, insomnia, dizziness, somnolence, weakness, CNS stimulation, difficulty in micturition, hypokalemia, paradoxical bronchospasm, rash.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Two Phases of C-Peptide Decline Identified in Type I Diabetes
- Dulaglutide Effective for Patients With T2D, Moderate to Severe CKD
- Incidence of Diabetes Influenced by Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals in the Environment
- Guidelines for Management of Hypothalamic-Pituitary, Growth Disorders in Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Romosozumab: Effective in Men With Osteoporosis
- Using Latent Class Trajectory Analysis to Determine Glucose Response Curve Patterns
- First CGM System With Implantable Glucose Sensor Approved
- Adjunctive Metformin for Insulin Resistance in T1D: A Clinical Perspective
- Risk for Below Knee Amputations With Canagliflozin vs Other Antihyperglycemic Agents
- Empagliflozin, Linagliptin Combination Therapy vs Linagliptin Monotherapy for Type 2 Diabetes
- Testosterone Prescribing Trends in the United States Between 2002 and 2016
- The Future of Food and Drug Regulation: Trump Administration Proposes Reorganization of FDA, USDA
- Popliteal Sciatic Nerve Block May Increase Time to First Opioid Request in Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy
- Favorable Outcomes With Second-Generation Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Subclinical Hypothyroidism: Controversies in Testing and Treatment