VICODIN ES CII
Generic Name and Formulations:
Hydrocodone bitartrate 7.5mg, acetaminophen 300mg; scored tabs.
Indications for VICODIN ES:
Moderate to moderately severe pain.
1 tab every 4–6 hrs as needed; max 6 tabs/24 hrs.
Risk of hepatotoxicity may result with acetaminophen doses >4g per day or involving more than one acetaminophen-containing product. Head injury. Increased intracranial pressure. Acute abdomen. Impaired renal, hepatic, thyroid, pulmonary, or adrenocortical function. GI or GU obstruction. Asthma. Post-op. Drug abusers. Elderly. Debilitated. Labor and delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiation with alcohol, CNS depressants, MAOIs, tricyclic antidepressants, anticholinergics.
Opioid + analgesic.
CNS/respiratory depression, lightheadedness, GI upset, constipation, urinary retention, rash; hypersensitivity/anaphylaxis, hepatotoxicity (overdosage).
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Imaging Studies in Hypothyroidism Evaluation Linked to Unnecessary Risks
- Transoral Endoscopic Thyroidectomy Vestibular Approach: Safety and Outcomes
- Once-Weekly Omarigliptin Improves Glycemic Control in Type 2 Diabetes
- Insulin Glargine Associated With Breast Cancer Risk in T2D
- High Grip Strength Associated With Lower Risk for Diabetes-Related AEs
- Update on Vitamin D and Calcium Supplements for Reducing Fracture Risk
- Lower Risk for SGLT2i-Associated Genitourinary Infection With DPP-4i
- Bariatric Surgery: An Effective Treatment for Type 2 Diabetes
- Severe Hypoglycemia Associated With Increased Mortality Risk in T2D
- Efficacy of CGM in Preterm Infants of Mothers With Diabetes
- Increased Risk of Diabetes, Post-Diabetes Pneumonia for Patients With COPD
- Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction Occurs After Islet Autoimmunity in T1D
- T2D in African American Women Ups ER-negative Breast Cancer Risk
- High-Sensitivity CRP and LDL-C Predictive of Subsequent MACE in T2D
- Risks Associated With Denosumab Discontinuation