Generic Name and Formulations:
Tretinoin 10mg; soft gelatin caps; contain parabens.
Roche Diagnostics Corp.
Indications for VESANOID:
Induction of remission in patients with acute promyelocytic leukemia (APL), French-American-British (FAB) classification M3 (including the M3 variant), characterized by the presence of the t(15;17) translocation and/or the presence of the PML/RARα gene who are refractory to, or who have relapsed from, anthracycline chemotherapy, or for whom anthracycline-based chemotherapy is contraindicated.
Use only for induction of remission. 45mg/m2 per day in two divided doses until complete remission is documented. Discontinue 30 days after complete remission or after 90 days of treatment, whichever occurs first.
Confirm APL diagnosis. Monitor for Retinoic Acid-APL (RA-APL) syndrome, leukocytosis, pseudotumor cerebri, or respiratory compromise. Consider temporarily interrupting therapy if moderate to severe RA-APL syndrome develops. Monitor blood counts, coagulation profile, lipids, liver function; consider temporary withdrawal if tests >5XULN. Pregnancy (Cat.D); obtain negative pregnancy test 1 week before starting treatment, counsel patient about need to use 2 effective methods of contraception during, and 1 month after therapy. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Do not administer with Vitamin A. May be potentiated or antagonized by CYP450 enzyme inducers or inhibitors. Caution with anti-fibrinolytic agents; and other agents known to cause pseudotumor cerebri/intracranial hypertension.
Headache, fever, skin/mucous membrane dryness, bone pain, GI upset, rash, mucositis, pruritus, increased sweating, visual disturbances, alopecia; RA-APL syndrome, leukocytosis, pseudotumor cerebri, hypercholesterolemia/hypertriglyceridemia, others.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Update on Vitamin D and Calcium Supplements for Reducing Fracture Risk
- Lower Risk for SGLT2i-Associated Genitourinary Infection With DPP-4i
- Severe Hypoglycemia Associated With Increased Mortality Risk in T2D
- Efficacy of CGM in Preterm Infants of Mothers With Diabetes
- SSRIs and SNRIs Linked to Type 2 Diabetes in Children, Adolescents
- High Grip Strength Associated With Lower Risk for Diabetes-Related AEs
- Statin Use for CVD Prevention Increases Diabetes Risk in Overweight Patients
- Optimal Timing of Gastric Bypass and Cholecystectomy When Both Procedures Clinically Indicated
- Does Asthma Contribute to Infertility?
- Short-Term Probiotics Increase Weight Loss in Overweight, Obesity