VECTICAL OINTMENT Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Calcitriol 3mcg/g; oint.
Galderma Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for VECTICAL OINTMENT:
Topical treatment of mild to moderate plaque psoriasis.
≥18yrs: Apply to affected areas of the body twice daily (AM & PM). The maximum weekly dose should not exceed 200g.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Discontinue if hypercalcemia occurs (until normocalcemia returns). Avoid applying to eyes, lips, or facial skin. Avoid excessive exposure to natural or artificial light (tanning booths, sun lamps). Consider limiting or avoiding use of phototherapy. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Caution with concomitant use of medications known to increase serum calcium (eg, thiazide diuretics), calcium supplements or high doses of vitamin D.
Vit. D3 derivative.
Hypercalcemia, lab test and urine abnormalities, psoriasis, hypercalciuria, pruritus.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Update on Vitamin D and Calcium Supplements for Reducing Fracture Risk
- AAP Shares List of 5 Unnecessary Pediatric Tests and Procedures
- Severe Hypoglycemia Associated With Increased Mortality Risk in T2D
- Efficacy of CGM in Preterm Infants of Mothers With Diabetes
- SSRIs and SNRIs Linked to Type 2 Diabetes in Children, Adolescents
- High Grip Strength Associated With Lower Risk for Diabetes-Related AEs
- Statin Use for CVD Prevention Increases Diabetes Risk in Overweight Patients
- Optimal Timing of Gastric Bypass and Cholecystectomy When Both Procedures Clinically Indicated
- Does Asthma Contribute to Infertility?
- Short-Term Probiotics Increase Weight Loss in Overweight, Obesity