VECTICAL OINTMENT Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Calcitriol 3mcg/g; oint.
Galderma Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for VECTICAL OINTMENT:
Topical treatment of mild to moderate plaque psoriasis.
≥18yrs: Apply to affected areas of the body twice daily (AM & PM). The maximum weekly dose should not exceed 200g.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Discontinue if hypercalcemia occurs (until normocalcemia returns). Avoid applying to eyes, lips, or facial skin. Avoid excessive exposure to natural or artificial light (tanning booths, sun lamps). Consider limiting or avoiding use of phototherapy. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Caution with concomitant use of medications known to increase serum calcium (eg, thiazide diuretics), calcium supplements or high doses of vitamin D.
Vit. D3 derivative.
Hypercalcemia, lab test and urine abnormalities, psoriasis, hypercalciuria, pruritus.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Use of In-Hospital Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion: A Consensus Statement
- Better Control With DPP-4 Inhibitors vs NPH Insulin in Type 2 Diabetes
- Achieving Glycemic Control in T2D After Basal Insulin Initiation
- Osteoporosis Drug Shows Cardioprotective Potential at 10-Year Follow-Up
- Effects of the Two Types of Anorexia Nervosa on Bone Metabolism
- Diabetes Treatments
- Incretins, Thiazolidinediones Associated With Better Glycemic Control in T2D
- No Link Between HbA1c Levels and Wound Healing in Patients With Diabetic Foot Ulcers
- Risk for Fetal Loss Early in Pregnancy Not Greater With Noninsulin vs Insulin Therapy
- Risk for Iodine Deficiency and Hypothyroidism High in Children on Parenteral Nutrition
- Inverse Association Between Serum 25(OH)D Levels and Risk for Diabetes
- Glycemic Control Variations for Children, Adolescents With T1D in High-Income Countries
- Late-Life Mobility Limitations Linked to Obesity After Arthroplasty for OA in Women
- Fracture Risk Should Be Monitored in Bisphosphonate Drug Holiday
- Provider Counseling for Weight Loss Up for Arthritis, Overweight