Generic Name and Formulations:
Oxytetracycline HCl 250mg, sulfamethizole 250mg, phenazopyridine HCl 50mg; per cap.
Indications for UROBIOTIC-250:
Urinary tract infections.
Take on an empty stomach with adequate amounts of fluid. 1 cap 4 times daily; refractory cases: 2 caps 4 times daily. Continue for minimum of 7 days or until bacteriologic cure.
Late pregnancy. Sulfonamide allergy.
Renal impairment. Monitor blood, liver, and kidney function with chronic use. Avoid exposure to direct sunlight; discontinue if skin discomfort occurs. History of significant allergy/asthma.
Tetracycline + sulfonamide + local analgesic.
Avoid concomitant aluminum hydroxide gel.
Glossitis, stomatitis, proctitis, GI upset, vaginitis, dermatitis, allergic reactions, hepatitis, pancreatitis, blood dyscrasias, neuropathy, drug fever, skin rash, photosensitivity, injection of the conjunctiva and sclera, petechiae, purpura, hematuria, crystalluria; esophageal irritation/ulceration.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Marketing of 2 Devices to Detect Parathyroid Tissue in Real Time
- Long-Term Efficacy and Safety of Dapagliflozin for Type 1 Diabetes
- Diabetes Education Week 2018: Patient Resources for Your Practice
- Cardiometabolic Disease Patterns Related to Race, Ethnicity in Midlife Women
- AHA, ADA Announce Joint Education Initiative to Reduce CVD Deaths in T2D