Generic Name and Formulations:
Oxytetracycline HCl 250mg, sulfamethizole 250mg, phenazopyridine HCl 50mg; per cap.
Indications for UROBIOTIC-250:
Urinary tract infections.
Take on an empty stomach with adequate amounts of fluid. 1 cap 4 times daily; refractory cases: 2 caps 4 times daily. Continue for minimum of 7 days or until bacteriologic cure.
Late pregnancy. Sulfonamide allergy.
Renal impairment. Monitor blood, liver, and kidney function with chronic use. Avoid exposure to direct sunlight; discontinue if skin discomfort occurs. History of significant allergy/asthma.
Avoid concomitant aluminum hydroxide gel.
Tetracycline + sulfonamide + local analgesic.
Glossitis, stomatitis, proctitis, GI upset, vaginitis, dermatitis, allergic reactions, hepatitis, pancreatitis, blood dyscrasias, neuropathy, drug fever, skin rash, photosensitivity, injection of the conjunctiva and sclera, petechiae, purpura, hematuria, crystalluria; esophageal irritation/ulceration.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Update on Vitamin D and Calcium Supplements for Reducing Fracture Risk
- Lower Risk for SGLT2i-Associated Genitourinary Infection With DPP-4i
- Severe Hypoglycemia Associated With Increased Mortality Risk in T2D
- Efficacy of CGM in Preterm Infants of Mothers With Diabetes
- SSRIs and SNRIs Linked to Type 2 Diabetes in Children, Adolescents
- High Grip Strength Associated With Lower Risk for Diabetes-Related AEs
- Statin Use for CVD Prevention Increases Diabetes Risk in Overweight Patients
- Optimal Timing of Gastric Bypass and Cholecystectomy When Both Procedures Clinically Indicated
- Does Asthma Contribute to Infertility?
- Short-Term Probiotics Increase Weight Loss in Overweight, Obesity