Generic Name and Formulations:
Methenamine 118mg, sodium phosphate monobasic 40.8mg, phenyl salicylate 36mg, methylene blue 10mg, hyoscyamine sulfate 0.12mg; caps.
Mission Pharmacal Company
Indications for URIBEL:
Treatment of symptoms of irritative voiding. Relief of local symptoms due to lower UTIs or diagnostic procedures.
1 cap 4 times daily.
≤6yrs: not recommended. >6yrs: individualize dose.
Cardiac disease. GI or GU obstruction. Glaucoma. Myasthenia gravis.
Discontinue if rapid pulse, dizziness, or blurred vision occurs. Gastric ulcers. Maintain acid urine and adequate hydration. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Allow at least 2 hours after ketoconazole. May be potentiated by antimuscarinics, MAOIs. Reduced intestinal motility with antimyasthenics. Increased risk of severe constipation with opioids. May be antagonized by thiazide diuretics, urinary alkalinizers. Separate dosing of antacids, antidiarrheals by 1 hour. May reduce absorption of other drugs. Sulfonamides precipitate with formaldehyde in urine; avoid concomitant use.
Urinary tract analgesic/antispasmodic/antiseptic.
Rapid pulse, flushing, blurred vision, dizziness, shortness of breath, acute urinary retention, difficult micturition, dry mouth, nausea, vomiting, discolored urine/feces.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Imaging Studies in Hypothyroidism Evaluation Linked to Unnecessary Risks
- Once-Weekly Omarigliptin Improves Glycemic Control in Type 2 Diabetes
- Insulin Glargine Associated With Breast Cancer Risk in T2D
- Transoral Endoscopic Thyroidectomy Vestibular Approach: Safety and Outcomes
- High Grip Strength Associated With Lower Risk for Diabetes-Related AEs
- Update on Vitamin D and Calcium Supplements for Reducing Fracture Risk
- Lower Risk for SGLT2i-Associated Genitourinary Infection With DPP-4i
- Severe Hypoglycemia Associated With Increased Mortality Risk in T2D
- Efficacy of CGM in Preterm Infants of Mothers With Diabetes
- SSRIs and SNRIs Linked to Type 2 Diabetes in Children, Adolescents
- Increased Risk of Diabetes, Post-Diabetes Pneumonia for Patients With COPD
- Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction Occurs After Islet Autoimmunity in T1D
- T2D in African American Women Ups ER-negative Breast Cancer Risk
- High-Sensitivity CRP and LDL-C Predictive of Subsequent MACE in T2D
- Risks Associated With Denosumab Discontinuation