Generic Name and Formulations:
Methenamine 81mg, sodium biphosphate 40.8mg, phenyl salicylate 32.4mg, methylene blue 10.8mg, hyoscyamine sulfate 0.12mg; tabs.
Indications for URELLE:
Treatment of symptoms of irritative voiding. Relief of local symptoms due to lower UTIs or diagnostic procedures.
1 tab 4 times daily.
≤6yrs: not recommended. >6yrs: individualize dose.
Cardiac disease. GI or GU obstruction. Glaucoma. Myasthenia gravis.
Maintain acid urine and adequate hydration. Gastric ulcers. Discolors urine/feces. Discontinue if rapid pulse, dizziness, or blurred vision occurs. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Allow at least 2 hours after ketoconazole. May be potentiated by antimuscarinics, antimyasthenics, MAOIs, opioids. May be antagonized by thiazide diuretics, urinary alkalinizers. Separate dosing of antacids, antidiarrheals by 1 hour. May reduce absorption of other drugs. Sulfonamides precipitate with formaldehyde in urine; avoid concomitant use.
Urinary tract analgesic/antispasmodic/antiseptic.
Rapid pulse, flushing, blurred vision, dizziness, shortness of breath, acute urinary retention, difficult micturition, dry mouth, nausea, vomiting.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Efficacy and Safety of Alirocumab in Diabetes Mellitus
- Safety of DPP-IV Inhibitor, Cardiovascular Events After ACS in Type 2 Diabetes
- Sex Hormone Levels May Affect Postmenopausal Heart Disease Risk
- Effect of Fructose, Allulose on Postprandial Glucose Regulation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Transgender Youth Not Willing to Delay Hormone Therapy for Fertility Preservation
- Diabetes Treatments
- Metformin May Decrease Colorectal Cancer Risk Among Males With Diabetes
- SGLT2 Inhibitor, GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Combination Treatment for Type 2 Diabetes: Expert Insights
- Semaglutide May Induce Weight Loss in Type 2 Diabetes Despite BMI
- FDA Clears Omnipod DASH System for Diabetes Management
- Single Blood Sample Highly Predictive for Subsequent Diabetes Diagnosis
- Plasma Methylglyoxal Levels Associated With CVD, Mortality in Type 2 Diabetes
- Adjunctive Metformin for Insulin Resistance in T1D: A Clinical Perspective
- AMA: Federal Government Must Tackle Rising Insulin Prices
- Diabetes Medication Reconciliation May Reduce Risk of ED Visits