Generic Name and Formulations:
Halobetasol propionate 0.05%; crm; oint.
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries
Indications for ULTRAVATE:
Apply a thin layer to affected areas 1–2 times daily; max 50 g/week and 2 consecutive weeks' treatment per course. Discontinue when control is achieved. Do not occlude.
Avoid use near eyes, on face, groin, or axillae. Do not use for diaper dermatitis, rosacea, perioral dermatitis, or on pre-existing skin atrophy. Risk of HPA axis suppression with high-potency steroids, prolonged use, application to large surface area, use of occlusive dressings, altered skin barrier, liver failure, young age; discontinue gradually, or reduce dose or potency if occurs. Treat infection if present; discontinue if infection persists or worsens. Reevaluate periodically. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Burning, stinging, itching, dry skin, erythema, skin atrophy, leukoderma, vesicles, rash, pustulation, acne, secondary infections, telangiectasia, urticaria, miliaria; HPA axis suppression (esp. in children).
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Subclinical Hypothyroidism: Controversies in Testing and Treatment
- Canagliflozin Trial for T2D With CKD Stopped Early Due to Positive Results
- Favorable Outcomes With Second-Generation Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Type 2 Diabetes and Alzheimer Disease: What's the Connection?
- Risk for Hypoglycemia During Titration With Insulin Glargine 100 U/mL in T2D
- Using Latent Class Trajectory Analysis to Determine Glucose Response Curve Patterns
- First CGM System With Implantable Glucose Sensor Approved
- Empagliflozin, Linagliptin Combination Therapy vs Linagliptin Monotherapy for Type 2 Diabetes
- Risk for Below Knee Amputations With Canagliflozin vs Other Antihyperglycemic Agents
- Two Phases of C-Peptide Decline Identified in Type I Diabetes
- Effect of SGLT2 Inhibitors on Heart Failure-Related Hospitalization, Below-Knee Amputation
- Nutraceuticals Containing Equol May Be Effective for Postmenopausal Symptoms
- Conservative Monitoring Strategy for Non-Functioning Pituitary Adenomas Evaluated
- FDA: Some Rx Drugs May Become Available Without Seeing a Doctor
- PM2.5 Contributes to Burden of Diabetes Mellitus Globally