The affordability and availability of diabetes medications across multiple regions of the word were examined, along with the effects on the use of medications.
Intensive blood pressure therapy is associated with a significantly lower risk for serious cardiovascular events in the adults with diabetes.
Higher levels of aldosterone are associated with insulin resistance and incident type 2 diabetes among multiethnic individuals.
Individuals with type 2 diabetes intensifying within 12 months of the index date had a significantly shorter median time from intensification to glycemic control.
Researchers concluded noninferiority between two basal insulin analogs after comparing safety and efficacy end points.
The authors searched for randomized placebo-controlled trials (December 1, 2008 to November 24, 2017) involving 3 pharmacologic classes of antidiabetic medications to compare the effects of these agents on the risk of hospitalization for HF in T2DM patients.
Statin use is not associated with reduced risk of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease or all-cause mortality among older adults without type 2 diabetes.
Investigators used data from the National Health Interview Survey and follow-up mortality data to estimate trends and disparities in CVD.
Researchers conducted a retrospective analysis to determine whether second-line treatment options sulfonylureas, DPP-4 inhibitors, and thiazolidinediones were associated with reduced HbA1c levels.
Investigators aimed to assess the effect of psychotropic medications, BMI, duration of schizophrenia, number of hospitalizations, and physical activity on the risk for T2D.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Trends in Cardiovascular Deaths for US Adults With and Without Diabetes
- Diabetic Retinopathy Risk Not Increased With GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Use in T2D
- Concurrent Risk Factors and Microvascular Complications in Type 1 Diabetes
- Comparing Efficacies of Second-Line Treatments in Type 2 Diabetes
- Higher Risk for Meningioma Linked to GH Treatment, Radiotherapy During Childhood
- Nutraceuticals May Benefit Patients Who Are Statin Intolerant
- Hypertension Treatments: ARBs
- Semaglutide vs Liraglutide for Weight Loss in Patients With Obesity
- Liraglutide May Lower Risk for Foot Amputation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Thyroid Hormone Levels, Body Composition, Insulin Resistance in Euthyroid Patients
- Behavioral Weight Loss Interventions May Prevent Obesity
- Disaster Preparedness 101: Physician Resources for Patients
- Assessing the Environmental Impact of the Healthcare Industry
- Medical Schools Phase Out Lectures as Education Shifts Outside the Classroom
- Clonidine Testing Is Safe and Reliable for Diagnosing Growth Hormone Deficiency