Researchers presented data from the ODYSSEY DM Insulin and Dyslipidemia trials at ADA 2017.
Semaglutide significantly increased insulin response and was well-tolerated in patients with type 2 diabetes.
Cardiometabolic Disease Staging scores can be used to quantify diabetes risk and assess efficacy of weight loss pharmacotherapy in obesity.
There were no significant differences in hemoglobin A1c across the 3 self-monitoring blood glucose groups.
Three-times daily text messages over a 6 month period were found to improve glycemic control vs usual care.
Degludec is noninferior to glargine in terms of incidence of major cardiovascular events in patients with type 2 diabetes at high cardiovascular risk.
A pooled analysis examined the rates of amputation and fracture in patients with type 2 diabetes prescribed empagliflozin.
The FDA is poised to review data from the DEVOTE trial, examining the rates of major adverse cardiovascular events in insulin degludec vs insulin glargine.
Sulforaphane extract from cruciferous vegetables aids in dysglycemia regulation in patients with obesity and type 2 diabetes.
Two studies examined the effects of naltrexone/bupropion on weight loss, glycemic parameters, and cardiovascular risks in patients with type 2 diabetes.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Maternal Deaths in the United States: Sounding a Call to Action
- Semaglutide Improved Beta-Cell Function and Glycemic Control in Type 2 Diabetes
- Blood Glucose Self-Monitoring in Type 2 Diabetes Does Not Benefit Glycemic Control
- Major Cardiovascular Event Incidence in T2D: Degludec vs Glargine
- The Handoff: Your Week in Endocrinology News - 6/23/17
- Reduced Cardiovascular Events in Type 2 Diabetes Treated With Dapagliflozin
- Canagliflozin Reduces Cardiovascular Stress In Older Patients With Type 2 Diabetes
- Diabetic Retinopathy Caused by Sleep Apnea in T2D
- Transition-of-Care Algorithm Performs Well in Surgery Patients With Type 2 Diabetes
- GLP-1 Analog Counteracts Antipsychotic-Induced Glucose Intolerance, Weight Gain