Generic Name and Formulations:
Abaloparatide 2000mcg/mL; soln for SC inj.
Radius Health, Inc.
Indications for TYMLOS:
Postmenopausal women with osteoporosis at high risk for fracture.
Limitations Of use:
Cumulative use >2yrs not recommended.
80mcg SC once daily into periumbilical region of abdomen; rotate inj sites. Give supplemental calcium and vitamin D if dietary intake inadequate.
Increased baseline risk for osteosarcoma (eg, Paget's disease of bone, unexplained increased alkaline phosphatase, open epiphyses, bone metastases or skeletal malignancies, hereditary disorders predisposing to osteosarcoma, prior external beam or skeletal implant radiation therapy), pre-existing hypercalcemia or underlying hypercalcemic disorder (eg, primary hyperparathyroidism): not recommended. Urolithiasis. Hypercalciuria. Severe renal impairment: monitor. Pregnancy, nursing mothers: not indicated.
Hormone (human parathyroid hormone related peptide analog).
Hypercalciuria, dizziness, nausea, headache, palpitations, fatigue, upper abdominal pain, vertigo; orthostatic hypotension, hypercalcemia, urolithiasis, inj site reactions.
Prefilled pen (1.56mL)—1
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Predictors of Success for Insulin-to-Liraglutide Switch for Type 2 Diabetes
- Efficacy and Safety of Alirocumab in Diabetes Mellitus
- Safety of DPP-IV Inhibitor, Cardiovascular Events After ACS in Type 2 Diabetes
- Transgender Youth Not Willing to Delay Hormone Therapy for Fertility Preservation
- Pre-Pregnancy Programs May Improve Outcomes in Women With Type 2 Diabetes
- Diabetes Treatments
- Metformin May Decrease Colorectal Cancer Risk Among Males With Diabetes
- SGLT2 Inhibitor, GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Combination Treatment for Type 2 Diabetes: Expert Insights
- Semaglutide May Induce Weight Loss in Type 2 Diabetes Despite BMI
- FDA Clears Omnipod DASH System for Diabetes Management
- IV Fluid Infusion Rates Do Not Affect Pediatric DKA Neurologic Outcomes
- Effect of Fructose, Allulose on Postprandial Glucose Regulation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Psychiatric Morbidity Decreased After Assisted Reproductive Technology Treatment
- Fenofibrate Improves Cholesterol Levels in Type 2 Diabetes
- Sex Hormone Levels May Affect Postmenopausal Heart Disease Risk