Generic Name and Formulations:
Neisseria meningitidis recombinant lipidated factor H binding protein (fHBP) variants 120mcg of Group B (subfamily A + subfamily B); per 0.5mL; susp for IM inj; contains polysorbate 80.
Indications for TRUMENBA:
N. meningitidis serogroup B immunization.
Adults and Children:
<10yrs: not established. Give by IM inj into deltoid muscle of upper arm. 10–25yrs: 0.5mL. 3-dose series: give at 0, 1–2, and 6mos. 2-dose series: give at 0 and 6mos; if 2nd dose given too early, give a 3rd dose ≥4mos after the 2nd dose.
Severe allergic reaction after a previous dose of Trumenba.
Not interchangeable with other MenB vaccines. Have epinephrine inj readily available. Immunosuppressed. Complement deficiency. Eculizumab therapy. Elderly. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Concomitant other vaccines: see full labeling.
Inj site pain, fatigue, headache, muscle pain, nausea; syncope.
Single-dose prefilled syringe—5, 10
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Marketing of 2 Devices to Detect Parathyroid Tissue in Real Time
- Long-Term Efficacy and Safety of Dapagliflozin for Type 1 Diabetes
- Skin Disease and Metabolic Syndrome: Early Warning Signs of a Greater Problem
- Diabetes Education Week 2018: Patient Resources for Your Practice
- Cardiometabolic Disease Patterns Related to Race, Ethnicity in Midlife Women