A study of the once-weekly investigational dipeptidyl peptidase-4 omarigliptin reported a clinically meaningful reduction in glycated hemoglobin that was maintained throughout the study.
The association between statin use and diabetes risk in a cohort of overweight and obese patients was examined.
Probiotic supplementation resulted in a significant reduction in body weight, BMI, and fat percentage in people with overweight or obesity.
Researchers assessed whether long-term use of long-acting insulin analogs, compared with the use of neutral protamine Hagedorn insulin, is associated with an increased risk of breast cancer in women with T2D.
Mepsevii replaces beta-glucuronidase, the deficiency of which causes an abnormal buildup of toxic materials in the body's cells.
Metformin is linked to a lower dementia risk compared to sulfonylureas among veterans with type 2 diabetes.
Second-line treatments are often initiated without first using first-line therapies.
People with T2D experienced greater HbA1c reductions with the addition of a DPP4 inhibitor vs placebo.
The new formulation of Bydureon BCise allows for once-weekly administration with an autoinjector pen.
The efficacy of liraglutide therapy was examined in metformin-treated subjects with obesity.
Greater prognostic advantages were associated with high-dose beta blockers in chronic heart failure with diabetes.
Researchers examined the efficacy of FlexibleMIB (ethinylestradiol/drospirenone) vs placebo as therapy for endometriosis-related pain.
HbA1c, fasting plasma glucose, and body weight were significantly reduced in all patients taking tofogliflozin.
Ten-year heart failure outcomes were worse in patients with diabetes than without.
The update provides guidance within 7 areas of type 2 diabetes management, including patient centered care and individualized treatment plans.
The latest ADA hypertension position statement incorporates advances in care since 2003.
PCSK9 inhibition with evolocumab might be an attractive therapy in patients with diabetes, and no discernible effect on glycaemia.
However, sulfonylurea plus insulin was linked to more hypglycemic events than insulin alone.
Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) agonist Triptodur treats central precocious puberty via intramuscular injection.
Clinicians should identify barriers to patient participation in diabetes self-management classes.
The efficacy and safety profile of hyperbaric oxygen therapy remains controversial because of conflicting data and small sample sizes in clinical trials.
Lifestyle modification and an individualized treatment approach are effective strategies for managing menopausal symptoms in breast cancer survivors who are largely advised to avoid hormone replacement therapy.
Peptide immunotherapy may offer a personalized approach to modulating the immune response in persons with type 1 diabetes.
Approved in June 2017, the Humalog Junior KwikPen will soon be available to treat patients with diabetes.
Diacerein was well-tolerated among trial participants, and may be an acceptable adjunct treatment in type 2 diabetes.
Three hundred physically inactive or sedentary patients received either theoretical and practical counseling once-yearly for 3 years, or standard care.
Glycemic Control in Physically Active Adolescents With T1D: Closed-Loop Control vs Remote Pump in Winter SportsSeptember 22, 2017
During a 5-day ski camp, researchers examined closed-loop insulin management vs a remote monitored pump system for glycemic control with the additional challenge of cold and altitude.
The newly released guidelines include updated language to reflect DSM-V changes, greater flexibility in treatment, and recommendations for CVD, bone health, and prostate cancer screening.
Mechanical pain perception and somatosensory function in secondary adrenal insufficiency were examined.
A retrospective analysis examined outcomes in patients with type 2 diabetes treated with SGLT2 vs DPP4 inhibitors.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Imaging Studies in Hypothyroidism Evaluation Linked to Unnecessary Risks
- Insulin Glargine Associated With Breast Cancer Risk in T2D
- Transoral Endoscopic Thyroidectomy Vestibular Approach: Safety and Outcomes
- Once-Weekly Omarigliptin Improves Glycemic Control in Type 2 Diabetes
- Improving Vascular Function in Pediatric T1D With Metformin
- Update on Vitamin D and Calcium Supplements for Reducing Fracture Risk
- Lower Risk for SGLT2i-Associated Genitourinary Infection With DPP-4i
- Severe Hypoglycemia Associated With Increased Mortality Risk in T2D
- Efficacy of CGM in Preterm Infants of Mothers With Diabetes
- SSRIs and SNRIs Linked to Type 2 Diabetes in Children, Adolescents
- Increased Risk of Diabetes, Post-Diabetes Pneumonia for Patients With COPD
- Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction Occurs After Islet Autoimmunity in T1D
- T2D in African American Women Ups ER-negative Breast Cancer Risk
- High-Sensitivity CRP and LDL-C Predictive of Subsequent MACE in T2D
- Risks Associated With Denosumab Discontinuation