TODAY SPONGE OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Nonoxynol-9 1000mg; vaginal sponge.
Mayer Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for TODAY SPONGE:
Use as directed. Protection lasts up to 24hrs. Leave in place for at least 6hrs after intercourse; do not leave in longer than 30hrs.
Within first 6 weeks postpartum. History of toxic shock syndrome. During menstruation.
Recent miscarriage or abortion. Vaginal or uterine conditions (eg, vaginal septum, uterine prolapse).
Barrier contraceptive + spermicide.
Irritation, difficult or painful urination, abdominal pain, pain, fever, chills, discharge (discontinue); rare: toxic shock syndrome.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Higher BUN May Increase Risk for Incident Diabetes
- Efficacy of Novel GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Drug Device Examined
- Takeout Food May Increase Adverse Health Consequences in Children
- Nonhormonal Options Available for Menopause Symptom Relief
- Plasma Volume Changes Mediate Risk of CV Mortality With Empagliflozin
- New Consensus Recommendations on Use of Continuous Glucose Monitoring
- Does Genetic Susceptibility Lead to Late-Onset Type 1 Diabetes?
- Clinical Outcomes in T2D: Low-Carbohydrate vs Calorie-Restricted Diet
- New Continuous Glucose Monitoring System Now Available for Medicare Patients
- Text Message-Delivered Interventions Effective for Weight Management
- Effect of Intra-Articular Depot Betamethasone on Insulin Resistance in T2D
- Gastric Bypass vs Sleeve Gastrectomy Outcomes in Morbid Obesity
- Acute Kidney Injury Increases Risk for Postdischarge Hypoglycemia in Diabetes
- Novel Deep Learning System May Help Identify Diabetic Retinopathy
- Trends in CVD, Risk Factors, and Medications in Children With T1D