TODAY SPONGE OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Nonoxynol-9 1000mg; vaginal sponge.
Mayer Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for TODAY SPONGE:
Use as directed. Protection lasts up to 24hrs. Leave in place for at least 6hrs after intercourse; do not leave in longer than 30hrs.
Within first 6 weeks postpartum. History of toxic shock syndrome. During menstruation.
Recent miscarriage or abortion. Vaginal or uterine conditions (eg, vaginal septum, uterine prolapse).
Barrier contraceptive + spermicide.
Irritation, difficult or painful urination, abdominal pain, pain, fever, chills, discharge (discontinue); rare: toxic shock syndrome.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Two Phases of C-Peptide Decline Identified in Type I Diabetes
- Dulaglutide Effective for Patients With T2D, Moderate to Severe CKD
- Incidence of Diabetes Influenced by Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals in the Environment
- Guidelines for Management of Hypothalamic-Pituitary, Growth Disorders in Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Romosozumab: Effective in Men With Osteoporosis
- Using Latent Class Trajectory Analysis to Determine Glucose Response Curve Patterns
- First CGM System With Implantable Glucose Sensor Approved
- Adjunctive Metformin for Insulin Resistance in T1D: A Clinical Perspective
- Risk for Below Knee Amputations With Canagliflozin vs Other Antihyperglycemic Agents
- Empagliflozin, Linagliptin Combination Therapy vs Linagliptin Monotherapy for Type 2 Diabetes
- NT-proBNP May Predict Cardiovascular Outcomes in Type 2 Diabetes
- Placebo Effect of Various Female Sexual Dysfunction Drug Txs Assessed
- Link Between Oral Diabetes Medications and Bullous Pemphigoid
- Calcium Channel Blocker May Benefit Patients With Type 1 Diabetes
- β-Cell Function in Youth With Impaired Glucose Tolerance, T2D