Updated guidelines include thyroid function testing, iodine nutrition, pregnancy complications, and treatment of thyroid disease during pregnancy and lactation.
Patients given teprotumumab were more likely to experience a response at 24 weeks vs placebo.
Thyroid cancer screening in asymptomatic adults was given a D recommendation because of the negative effects of screening outweighing any benefits.
Miscarriage risk before 20 weeks of gestation is higher among women with untreated subclinical hypothyroidism.
Data were collected from the Nurses' Health Study I to examine the relationship between BMI and primary hyperparathyroidism risk.
Patients with government subsidized or self-pay insurance were less likely to undergo thyroidectomy for thyroid cancer.
Increases in papillary thyroid cancer were most common between 1974 and 2013.
The pocket references and mobile apps will be updated as diagnostic tools and guidelines continue to improve.
Tirosint-SOL (levothyroxine sodium oral solution) should be available within the next 6 months.
The drug's approval was based on 2 successful phase 3 trials.
Women with subclinical hypothyroidism who undergo thyroid hormone treatment have a decreased risk of pregnancy loss, but may experience other pregnancy-related adverse outcomes.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Maternal Deaths in the United States: Sounding a Call to Action
- Semaglutide Improved Beta-Cell Function and Glycemic Control in Type 2 Diabetes
- Blood Glucose Self-Monitoring in Type 2 Diabetes Does Not Benefit Glycemic Control
- Major Cardiovascular Event Incidence in T2D: Degludec vs Glargine
- The Handoff: Your Week in Endocrinology News - 6/23/17
- Reduced Cardiovascular Events in Type 2 Diabetes Treated With Dapagliflozin
- Canagliflozin Reduces Cardiovascular Stress In Older Patients With Type 2 Diabetes
- Diabetic Retinopathy Caused by Sleep Apnea in T2D
- Transition-of-Care Algorithm Performs Well in Surgery Patients With Type 2 Diabetes
- GLP-1 Analog Counteracts Antipsychotic-Induced Glucose Intolerance, Weight Gain