Thyroid Feature Archive
Subclinical thyroid dysfunction did not influence the cumulative incidence of new carotid plaques in healthy individuals aged 20 or older.
Updated guidelines include thyroid function testing, iodine nutrition, pregnancy complications, and treatment of thyroid disease during pregnancy and lactation.
Subclinicial hypothyroidism has been associated with an increased risk for coronary heart disease events and mortality.
The revised guidelines for the treatment of hyperthyroidism and thyrotoxicosis from the American Thyroid Association include several important updates pertaining to diagnosis, monitoring, and management.
The American Thyroid Association's updated thyroid cancer guidelines address risk assessment, personalized treatment, and more.
Endocrinology Advisor provides a closer look at the American Thyroid Association's guidelines for pediatric thyroid cancer.
Richard T. Kloos, MD, discusses new technologies and methods for diagnosis of thyroid nodules.
Adequate iodine nutrition is essential for production of thyroid hormones, but many patients harbor misperceptions about iodine intake.
Kenneth D. Burman, MD, discusses one study suggesting that the optimal time for repeat evaluation of benign thyroid nodules is 2 to 4 years.
Controversy about the effects of subclinical thyroid dysfunction and bone health are further clouded by conflicting study results.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diabetic Retinopathy Risk Not Increased With GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Use in T2D
- Concurrent Risk Factors and Microvascular Complications in Type 1 Diabetes
- Higher Risk for Meningioma Linked to GH Treatment, Radiotherapy During Childhood
- Early Treatment Intensification and Faster Glycemic Control in T2D
- Executive Function Predicts T1D Management Into Emerging Adulthood
- Nutraceuticals May Benefit Patients Who Are Statin Intolerant
- Hypertension Treatments: ARBs
- Semaglutide vs Liraglutide for Weight Loss in Patients With Obesity
- Liraglutide May Lower Risk for Foot Amputation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Thyroid Hormone Levels, Body Composition, Insulin Resistance in Euthyroid Patients
- Cochrane Data Release and the Case for "Open Science"
- Rates of Incident Type 2 Diabetes in Chronic Kidney Disease
- Characteristics of Acquired Partial Lipodystrophy With Metabolic Abnormalities
- Poor Glycemic Control Associated With Higher Risk for Dementia in Older Adults With T1D
- Shift Seen From EDs to Urgent Care for Low-Acuity, Acute Care