Thyroid cancer screening in asymptomatic adults was given a D recommendation because of the negative effects of screening outweighing any benefits.
Multiple studies at ENDO 2017 highlighted the dangers linked to both environmental toxin and common household chemical exposure.
Patients with government subsidized or self-pay insurance were less likely to undergo thyroidectomy for thyroid cancer.
Increases in papillary thyroid cancer were most common between 1974 and 2013.
Elemental calcium — found in cow's milk — significantly limits a person's ability to absorb oral levothyroxine.
Younger survivors of thyroid cancer are at increased risk for certain types of health problems later in life.
For patients with unresected anaplastic thyroid carcinoma, overall survival is poor, but radiation therapy dose is associated with improved survival.
Widespread routine thyroid cancer screening can lead to overdiagnosis and overtreatment, according to the statement.
Does core-needle biopsy perform better than repeat fine-needle aspiration for evaluating thyroid nodules?
CDC27 mutations may be associated with less aggressive behavior while SLC25A5 mutations may be associated with more aggressive behavior in papillary thyroid carcinomas.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Maternal Deaths in the United States: Sounding a Call to Action
- Pooled Analysis Demonstrates Safety, Tolerability of Empagliflozin
- Serum Cholesterol Levels Over Time and Risk of Parkinson's Disease
- Prolonged Delayed Eating Linked to Weight Gain, Increased Respiratory Quotient
- The Handoff: Your Week in Endocrinology News - 6/16/17
- Reduced Cardiovascular Events in Type 2 Diabetes Treated With Dapagliflozin
- Canagliflozin Reduces Cardiovascular Stress In Older Patients With Type 2 Diabetes
- Diabetic Retinopathy Caused by Sleep Apnea in T2D
- Transition-of-Care Algorithm Performs Well in Surgery Patients With Type 2 Diabetes
- GLP-1 Analog Counteracts Antipsychotic-Induced Glucose Intolerance, Weight Gain
- The Handoff: Your Week in Endocrinology News - 6/23/17
- Gestational Weight Gain Linked to Adverse Outcomes
- Worldwide Obesity Prevalence: BMI On The Rise in 70 Countries
- Grand Rounds Discussion: What Is The Role of Weight Loss Surgery in Obesity?
- Semaglutide Improved Beta-Cell Function and Glycemic Control in Type 2 Diabetes