How much sugar are children really consuming? That and more in this week's Handoff.
NPR examines the orphan drug process, a Nobel Prizewinning stem cell researcher discusses his latest research, and fertility experts question the use of a controversial "3-parent" IVF technique.
This week, GOP leaders express concerns about repealing Obamacare, the Endocrine Society debuts its first open access journal, the FDA warns of cybersecurity issues with cardiac devices, and more.
This week, read about nature vs nurture in in vitro fertilization, a new recommendation for reporting hypoglycemia, Democrats fight against repealing the Affordable Care Act, and more.
This week, the FDA pushed through several approvals of expanded indications for diabetes drugs and devices, and one physician shares her experience with opting out of Medicare.
Eli Lilly announces that the company will offer discounted prices on certain insulin products, and President Obama signed the 21st Century Care Act into law.
This week, read about the US Surgeon General's report on increased use of e-cigarettes among youths, the Senate's vote on the 21st Century Cures Act, and more.
The Handoff is a weekly roundup of endocrinology and general medicine news covering various developments in subspecialties, as well as pharmaceutical industry, association, and society news.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Two Phases of C-Peptide Decline Identified in Type I Diabetes
- Incidence of Diabetes Influenced by Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals in the Environment
- Subclinical Hypothyroidism: Controversies in Testing and Treatment
- Favorable Outcomes With Second-Generation Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Assessment of Low-Dose Aspirin As Chemoprevention in Type 2 Diabetes
- Using Latent Class Trajectory Analysis to Determine Glucose Response Curve Patterns
- First CGM System With Implantable Glucose Sensor Approved
- Adjunctive Metformin for Insulin Resistance in T1D: A Clinical Perspective
- Risk for Below Knee Amputations With Canagliflozin vs Other Antihyperglycemic Agents
- Empagliflozin, Linagliptin Combination Therapy vs Linagliptin Monotherapy for Type 2 Diabetes
- Type 2 Diabetes and Alzheimer Disease: What's the Connection?
- Government and Industry Lead the Way in Funding USPSTF Systematic Reviews
- New Romosozumab BLA Includes Data from Additional Osteoporosis Trials
- Impact of Maternal Diabetes on Outcomes in Very Preterm, Very Low-Birth-Weight Infants
- Age-Related Differences in Manifestation of Cushing Disease Identified