This week, more breastfeeding benefits, the downside of low BMI, and a profile of "the littlest lobbyist."
This week, the latest in islet cell transplantation, the "Uberization of medicine," and a possible link between Three Mile Island and thyroid cancer incidence.
This week, a reality TV show tries to fight type 2 diabetes, the AHCA is set to dismantle employer-provided contraception coverage, and research crowns mango as the newest superfood. These stories and more in The Handoff.
This week, an AztraZeneca phase 3b trial yields positive results for type 2 diabetes therapy, researchers identify the molecular mechanism behind thyroid changes in hyperthyroidism, and the American Academy of Pediatrics revises a years-old dietary recommendation
This week, an NPR investigation highlights the sorely lacking focus of maternal health during pregnancy, and fennel takes the stage as a potential alternative to hormone therapy for postmenopausal symptoms.
In this week's super-sized Handoff, Endocrinology Advisor rounds up the most interesting news from the last month, with highlights including black market insulin, exercise addiction, and potential repercussions of the AHCA.
This week, find out which dietary changes may affect diabetes, learn about a genetic risk factor for hip fracture, and how older mothers are faring compared with their younger counterparts.
This week, researchers uncovered a rare genetic predisposition to thyroid cancer, The Endocrine Society released a clinical guideline for functional hypothalamic amenorrhea, and clinical trial data questions the efficacy of testosterone therapy for "low T."
This week, research challenges decades-old pregnancy advice, revisit commonly held exercise targets, and reexamine the benefits of wearing a continuous glucose monitor in patients without type 1 diabetes.
This week, read about a revolutionary option for blood glucose testing, influencers of health insurance customer satisfaction, and a Girl Scout cookie nutritional analysis.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Maternal Deaths in the United States: Sounding a Call to Action
- Pooled Analysis Demonstrates Safety, Tolerability of Empagliflozin
- Serum Cholesterol Levels Over Time and Risk of Parkinson's Disease
- Prolonged Delayed Eating Linked to Weight Gain, Increased Respiratory Quotient
- The Handoff: Your Week in Endocrinology News - 6/16/17
- Reduced Cardiovascular Events in Type 2 Diabetes Treated With Dapagliflozin
- Canagliflozin Reduces Cardiovascular Stress In Older Patients With Type 2 Diabetes
- Diabetic Retinopathy Caused by Sleep Apnea in T2D
- Transition-of-Care Algorithm Performs Well in Surgery Patients With Type 2 Diabetes
- GLP-1 Analog Counteracts Antipsychotic-Induced Glucose Intolerance, Weight Gain
- The Handoff: Your Week in Endocrinology News - 6/23/17
- Gestational Weight Gain Linked to Adverse Outcomes
- Worldwide Obesity Prevalence: BMI On The Rise in 70 Countries
- Grand Rounds Discussion: What Is The Role of Weight Loss Surgery in Obesity?
- Semaglutide Improved Beta-Cell Function and Glycemic Control in Type 2 Diabetes