Ambitious journalism from ProPublica shares the stories of women who died from pregnancy-related complications, while Slate examines how data from our medical devices can be used against us in a court of law.
Egg donors face serious — and undocumented — consequences and Stanford University researchers share the results of a digital step-tracking study.
Maternal mortality rates in California plummet and 3 former US Surgeons General have called for the end of involuntary medical procedures on intersex infants.
This week, biotech companies examine alternatives to pancreas transplants for T1D and researchers analyze cardiovascular risk profile in conjunction with thyroid disease.
This week, more breastfeeding benefits, the downside of low BMI, and a profile of "the littlest lobbyist."
This week, the latest in islet cell transplantation, the "Uberization of medicine," and a possible link between Three Mile Island and thyroid cancer incidence.
This week, a reality TV show tries to fight type 2 diabetes, the AHCA is set to dismantle employer-provided contraception coverage, and research crowns mango as the newest superfood. These stories and more in The Handoff.
This week, an AztraZeneca phase 3b trial yields positive results for type 2 diabetes therapy, researchers identify the molecular mechanism behind thyroid changes in hyperthyroidism, and the American Academy of Pediatrics revises a years-old dietary recommendation
This week, an NPR investigation highlights the sorely lacking focus of maternal health during pregnancy, and fennel takes the stage as a potential alternative to hormone therapy for postmenopausal symptoms.
In this week's super-sized Handoff, Endocrinology Advisor rounds up the most interesting news from the last month, with highlights including black market insulin, exercise addiction, and potential repercussions of the AHCA.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Positive Outcomes Associated With Regular Depression Screening in T2D
- Parathyroidectomy for Secondary, Tertiary Hyperparathyroidism Increases Morbidity and Mortality
- Reversing Type 1 Diabetes May Be Possible With Tuberculosis Vaccine
- Acceptable Variability With Novel Sensor for Glucose Monitoring in T2D
- Liraglutide, Metformin, and Gliclazide Compared in Comorbid Type 2 Diabetes and Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
- The Handoff: Your Week in Endocrinology News - 7/21/17
- Link Between Diabetes and Hospital Readmission Rates
- Metabolic Profile, Weight Increases Assessed in Ziprasidone Augmentation for Major Depressive Disorder
- Pediatric Respiratory and Atopic Outcomes With Free Sugar Consumption In Pregnancy
- Surgical Wound Complications With Staples, Sutures in Women With Obesity