This week, Google Glass gets a second chance, regular intense exercise can lead to arterial plaques, and research questions if at-home blood sugar monitoring is worth the burden.
Ambitious journalism from ProPublica shares the stories of women who died from pregnancy-related complications, while Slate examines how data from our medical devices can be used against us in a court of law.
Egg donors face serious — and undocumented — consequences and Stanford University researchers share the results of a digital step-tracking study.
Maternal mortality rates in California plummet and 3 former US Surgeons General have called for the end of involuntary medical procedures on intersex infants.
This week, biotech companies examine alternatives to pancreas transplants for T1D and researchers analyze cardiovascular risk profile in conjunction with thyroid disease.
This week, more breastfeeding benefits, the downside of low BMI, and a profile of "the littlest lobbyist."
This week, the latest in islet cell transplantation, the "Uberization of medicine," and a possible link between Three Mile Island and thyroid cancer incidence.
This week, a reality TV show tries to fight type 2 diabetes, the AHCA is set to dismantle employer-provided contraception coverage, and research crowns mango as the newest superfood. These stories and more in The Handoff.
This week, an AztraZeneca phase 3b trial yields positive results for type 2 diabetes therapy, researchers identify the molecular mechanism behind thyroid changes in hyperthyroidism, and the American Academy of Pediatrics revises a years-old dietary recommendation
This week, an NPR investigation highlights the sorely lacking focus of maternal health during pregnancy, and fennel takes the stage as a potential alternative to hormone therapy for postmenopausal symptoms.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Relationship Between HbA1c and Coronary Artery Disease
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Nonfunctioning Adrenal Incidentaloma Associated With Metabolic Syndrome
- Bone Mineral Density Loss Eventually Stabilizes in Men With Type 1 Diabetes
- Low Predictive Power of Biomarkers for Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate Decline
- FDA to Review Gimoti for Diabetic Gastroparesis in Adult Women
- FDA Approves First Mobile App for Use in Preventing Pregnancy
- Hypothyroidism Predicts Atrial Tachyarrhythmia After AF Catheter Ablation
- Treating Painful Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy With Electroacupuncture