In this week's super-sized Handoff, Endocrinology Advisor rounds up the most interesting news from the last month, with highlights including black market insulin, exercise addiction, and potential repercussions of the AHCA.
This week, find out which dietary changes may affect diabetes, learn about a genetic risk factor for hip fracture, and how older mothers are faring compared with their younger counterparts.
This week, researchers uncovered a rare genetic predisposition to thyroid cancer, The Endocrine Society released a clinical guideline for functional hypothalamic amenorrhea, and clinical trial data questions the efficacy of testosterone therapy for "low T."
This week, research challenges decades-old pregnancy advice, revisit commonly held exercise targets, and reexamine the benefits of wearing a continuous glucose monitor in patients without type 1 diabetes.
This week, read about a revolutionary option for blood glucose testing, influencers of health insurance customer satisfaction, and a Girl Scout cookie nutritional analysis.
This week, the GOP proposes a plan to repeal and replace the ACA, Silicon Valley tackles type 2 diabetes, and patients share their thoughts on social media sharing.
The Handoff is back with next steps on the ACA repeal, an examination of our love of vitamin D supplementation, and how to reduce memory loss in menopause.
This week, Senate Democrats continue their probe into Representative Tom Price, Americans share their concerns and hopes surrounding the promised ACA repeal, and learn how your sports team's win or loss affects your waistline.
How much sugar are children really consuming? That and more in this week's Handoff.
NPR examines the orphan drug process, a Nobel Prizewinning stem cell researcher discusses his latest research, and fertility experts question the use of a controversial "3-parent" IVF technique.
This week, GOP leaders express concerns about repealing Obamacare, the Endocrine Society debuts its first open access journal, the FDA warns of cybersecurity issues with cardiac devices, and more.
This week, read about nature vs nurture in in vitro fertilization, a new recommendation for reporting hypoglycemia, Democrats fight against repealing the Affordable Care Act, and more.
This week, the FDA pushed through several approvals of expanded indications for diabetes drugs and devices, and one physician shares her experience with opting out of Medicare.
Eli Lilly announces that the company will offer discounted prices on certain insulin products, and President Obama signed the 21st Century Care Act into law.
This week, read about the US Surgeon General's report on increased use of e-cigarettes among youths, the Senate's vote on the 21st Century Cures Act, and more.
In this week's Handoff, read about the FDA's approval of a new indication for a type 2 diabetes drug, and more.
In this week's Handoff, read more about recent FDA approvals, food banks' efforts to improve the healthiness of their donations, and more.
The Handoff is a weekly roundup of endocrinology and general medicine news covering various developments in subspecialties, as well as pharmaceutical industry, association, and society news.
The Handoff is a weekly roundup of endocrinology news covering various developments in subspecialties, as well as pharmaceutical industry, association, and society news.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Efficacy and Safety of Alirocumab in Diabetes Mellitus
- Safety of DPP-IV Inhibitor, Cardiovascular Events After ACS in Type 2 Diabetes
- Sex Hormone Levels May Affect Postmenopausal Heart Disease Risk
- Effect of Fructose, Allulose on Postprandial Glucose Regulation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Transgender Youth Not Willing to Delay Hormone Therapy for Fertility Preservation
- Diabetes Treatments
- Metformin May Decrease Colorectal Cancer Risk Among Males With Diabetes
- SGLT2 Inhibitor, GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Combination Treatment for Type 2 Diabetes: Expert Insights
- Semaglutide May Induce Weight Loss in Type 2 Diabetes Despite BMI
- FDA Clears Omnipod DASH System for Diabetes Management
- Single Blood Sample Highly Predictive for Subsequent Diabetes Diagnosis
- Plasma Methylglyoxal Levels Associated With CVD, Mortality in Type 2 Diabetes
- Adjunctive Metformin for Insulin Resistance in T1D: A Clinical Perspective
- AMA: Federal Government Must Tackle Rising Insulin Prices
- Diabetes Medication Reconciliation May Reduce Risk of ED Visits