Generic Name and Formulations:
Nisoldipine 8.5mg, 17mg*, 34mg; ext-rel tabs; *contains tartrazine.
Covis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for SULAR:
Swallow whole. Take on an empty stomach (1hr before or 2hrs after a meal). Initially 17mg once daily; may increase by 8.5mg per week or longer intervals. Usual maintenance: 17–34mg once daily; max 34mg/day. Hepatic impairment or elderly (>65yrs): Initially 8.5mg once daily.
Coronary artery disease. Heart failure or compromised ventricular function (esp. with a beta-blocker). Monitor BP closely during initiation and titration. Severe hepatic impairment. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid concomitant CYP3A4 inhibitors or inducers, grapefruit juice. High-fat meals increase peak drug concentrations. Antagonized by phenytoin (avoid; consider alternatives). May be potentiated by cimetidine.
Calcium channel blocker (CCB) (dihydropyridine).
Peripheral edema, headache, dizziness, pharyngitis, vasodilation, sinusitis, palpitations, chest pain, nausea, rash; increased angina, MI (rare), hypotension.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Triple-Goal Achievement Reduces Risk for Complications in Type 2 Diabetes
- Inverse Association Between Serum 25(OH)D Levels and Risk for Diabetes
- ADA Issues White Paper Addressing Escalating Cost of Insulin
- Neprilysin Inhibition May Reduce Renal Function Deterioration in Comorbid T2D and Chronic Heart Failure
- Serum Chemerin May Predict Risk for Spontaneous Abortion in Women With PCOS
- Diabetes Treatments
- Incretins, Thiazolidinediones Associated With Better Glycemic Control in T2D
- No Link Between HbA1c Levels and Wound Healing in Patients With Diabetic Foot Ulcers
- Risk for Fetal Loss Early in Pregnancy Not Greater With Noninsulin vs Insulin Therapy
- Use of In-Hospital Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion: A Consensus Statement
- Effects of Gender on Clinical Outcomes in Empagliflozin-Treated Type 2 Diabetes
- Effect of Acetyl-L-Carnitine on Blood Pressure in Type 2 Diabetes
- PAH Risk, Mortality Increased by Disturbances in Male Sex Hormones
- Perioperative Cardiovascular Events More Common in Diabetes
- Individuals With Type 1 Diabetes See Improvement With Continuous Glucose Monitoring