SUDAFED SINUS & ALLERGY OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Chlorpheniramine maleate 4mg, pseudoephedrine HCl 60mg; per tab.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare
Indications for SUDAFED SINUS & ALLERGY:
Rhinorrhea, nasal congestion, allergy symptoms.
1 tab every 4–6 hours as needed; max 4 doses/24hrs.
<6yrs: individualize. 6–11yrs: ½ tab every 4–6 hours as needed; max 4 doses/24hrs.
Within 14 days of MAOIs.
Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Thyroid disease. Glaucoma. Diabetes. GI or GU obstruction. Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders.
Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. β-blockers may increase pressor response of sympathomimetics. Alcohol, other CNS depressants potentiated. Antagonizes antihypertensives.
Antihistamine + sympathomimetic.
Drowsiness, anticholinergic effects, nervousness, dizziness, insomnia, excitability in children.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Use of In-Hospital Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion: A Consensus Statement
- Better Control With DPP-4 Inhibitors vs NPH Insulin in Type 2 Diabetes
- Achieving Glycemic Control in T2D After Basal Insulin Initiation
- Osteoporosis Drug Shows Cardioprotective Potential at 10-Year Follow-Up
- Effects of the Two Types of Anorexia Nervosa on Bone Metabolism
- Diabetes Treatments
- Incretins, Thiazolidinediones Associated With Better Glycemic Control in T2D
- No Link Between HbA1c Levels and Wound Healing in Patients With Diabetic Foot Ulcers
- Risk for Fetal Loss Early in Pregnancy Not Greater With Noninsulin vs Insulin Therapy
- Risk for Iodine Deficiency and Hypothyroidism High in Children on Parenteral Nutrition
- Inverse Association Between Serum 25(OH)D Levels and Risk for Diabetes
- Glycemic Control Variations for Children, Adolescents With T1D in High-Income Countries
- Late-Life Mobility Limitations Linked to Obesity After Arthroplasty for OA in Women
- Fracture Risk Should Be Monitored in Bisphosphonate Drug Holiday
- Provider Counseling for Weight Loss Up for Arthritis, Overweight