Generic Name and Formulations:
Silver sulfadiazine 1%; crm.
Par Pharmaceutical, Inc.
Indications for SSD:
Prophylaxis and treatment of sepsis in 2nd and 3rd degree burns.
Apply 1–2 times daily aseptically to approximately 1/16 inch depth to cleansed and debrided burns. Reapply promptly if removed. Continue until wound is healed. May be occluded.
Premature infants. Within first 2 months of birth. Late pregnancy.
G6PD deficiency. Impaired renal or hepatic function. Monitor serum sulfa levels and renal function in extensive burns. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Leukopenia increased with concomitant cimetidine. May inactivate debriding enzymes.
Transient leukopenia, skin necrosis, erythema multiforme, skin discoloration, burning sensation, rash, fungal overgrowth, interstitial nephritis, systemic sulfonamide reactions.
SSD—25g, 50g, 85g, 400g
SSD AF—50g, 400g
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Two Phases of C-Peptide Decline Identified in Type I Diabetes
- Dulaglutide Effective for Patients With T2D, Moderate to Severe CKD
- Incidence of Diabetes Influenced by Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals in the Environment
- Guidelines for Management of Hypothalamic-Pituitary, Growth Disorders in Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Romosozumab: Effective in Men With Osteoporosis
- Using Latent Class Trajectory Analysis to Determine Glucose Response Curve Patterns
- First CGM System With Implantable Glucose Sensor Approved
- Adjunctive Metformin for Insulin Resistance in T1D: A Clinical Perspective
- Risk for Below Knee Amputations With Canagliflozin vs Other Antihyperglycemic Agents
- Empagliflozin, Linagliptin Combination Therapy vs Linagliptin Monotherapy for Type 2 Diabetes
- Testosterone Prescribing Trends in the United States Between 2002 and 2016
- The Future of Food and Drug Regulation: Trump Administration Proposes Reorganization of FDA, USDA
- Popliteal Sciatic Nerve Block May Increase Time to First Opioid Request in Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy
- Favorable Outcomes With Second-Generation Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Subclinical Hypothyroidism: Controversies in Testing and Treatment