Generic Name and Formulations:
Betamethasone (as dipropionate) 0.05%; spray.
Promius Pharma, LLC
Indications for SERNIVO:
Mild-to-moderate plaque psoriasis.
≥18yrs: apply to affected areas twice daily for up to max 4 weeks; discontinue when control is achieved. Do not occlude.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Not for oral, ophthalmic, or intravaginal use. Avoid use on face, scalp, axilla, groin, or other intertriginous areas. Do not use on pre-existing skin atrophy. Risk of HPA axis suppression with high-potency steroids, prolonged use, application to large surface area, use of occlusive dressings, altered skin barrier, liver failure, young age; discontinue gradually, reduce dose, or substitute with less potent corticosteroid if occurs. Avoid abrupt cessation in chronic use. Reevaluate periodically. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Pruritus, burning, stinging, pain, atrophy; allergic contact dermatitis (discontinue if irritation occurs), HPA axis suppression (esp. in children); rare: Cushing's syndrome, hyperglycemia, glucosuria.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Triple-Goal Achievement Reduces Risk for Complications in Type 2 Diabetes
- Inverse Association Between Serum 25(OH)D Levels and Risk for Diabetes
- ADA Issues White Paper Addressing Escalating Cost of Insulin
- Neprilysin Inhibition May Reduce Renal Function Deterioration in Comorbid T2D and Chronic Heart Failure
- Serum Chemerin May Predict Risk for Spontaneous Abortion in Women With PCOS
- Diabetes Treatments
- Incretins, Thiazolidinediones Associated With Better Glycemic Control in T2D
- No Link Between HbA1c Levels and Wound Healing in Patients With Diabetic Foot Ulcers
- Risk for Fetal Loss Early in Pregnancy Not Greater With Noninsulin vs Insulin Therapy
- Use of In-Hospital Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion: A Consensus Statement
- Effects of Gender on Clinical Outcomes in Empagliflozin-Treated Type 2 Diabetes
- Effect of Acetyl-L-Carnitine on Blood Pressure in Type 2 Diabetes
- PAH Risk, Mortality Increased by Disturbances in Male Sex Hormones
- Perioperative Cardiovascular Events More Common in Diabetes
- Individuals With Type 1 Diabetes See Improvement With Continuous Glucose Monitoring