Generic Name and Formulations:
Betamethasone (as dipropionate) 0.05%; spray.
Promius Pharma, LLC
Indications for SERNIVO:
Mild-to-moderate plaque psoriasis.
≥18yrs: apply to affected areas twice daily for up to max 4 weeks; discontinue when control is achieved. Do not occlude.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Not for oral, ophthalmic, or intravaginal use. Avoid use on face, scalp, axilla, groin, or other intertriginous areas. Do not use on pre-existing skin atrophy. Risk of HPA axis suppression with high-potency steroids, prolonged use, application to large surface area, use of occlusive dressings, altered skin barrier, liver failure, young age; discontinue gradually, reduce dose, or substitute with less potent corticosteroid if occurs. Avoid abrupt cessation in chronic use. Reevaluate periodically. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Pruritus, burning, stinging, pain, atrophy; allergic contact dermatitis (discontinue if irritation occurs), HPA axis suppression (esp. in children); rare: Cushing's syndrome, hyperglycemia, glucosuria.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Marketing of 2 Devices to Detect Parathyroid Tissue in Real Time
- Long-Term Efficacy and Safety of Dapagliflozin for Type 1 Diabetes
- Diabetes Education Week 2018: Patient Resources for Your Practice
- Cardiometabolic Disease Patterns Related to Race, Ethnicity in Midlife Women
- AHA, ADA Announce Joint Education Initiative to Reduce CVD Deaths in T2D