Generic Name and Formulations:
C1 esterase inhibitor (recombinant) 2100 IU; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV inj after reconstitution; preservative-free.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for RUCONEST:
Treatment of acute attacks in adult and adolescent patients with hereditary angioedema (HAE).
Limitations Of use:
Efficacy not established in hereditary angioedema (HAE) patients with laryngeal attacks.
Give by slow IV inj over 5 mins. <84kg: 50 IU/kg. ≥84kg: 4200 IU. Max 4200 IU/dose. May give second dose if attack symptoms persist; max 2 doses/24hrs.
Allergy to rabbits or rabbit-derived products.
Discontinue if hypersensitivity reactions occur. Monitor patients with known risk factors for thrombotic events (eg, indwelling venous catheter, history of thrombosis, atherosclerosis, morbid obesity, immobility). Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Risk of thrombotic events with concomitant oral contraceptives or certain androgens.
Headache, nausea, diarrhea; thrombotic events, hypersensitivity reactions (may be severe).
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Subclinical Hypothyroidism: Controversies in Testing and Treatment
- Favorable Outcomes With Second-Generation Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Canagliflozin Trial for T2D With CKD Stopped Early Due to Positive Results
- Type 2 Diabetes and Alzheimer Disease: What's the Connection?
- Risk for Hypoglycemia During Titration With Insulin Glargine 100 U/mL in T2D
- Using Latent Class Trajectory Analysis to Determine Glucose Response Curve Patterns
- First CGM System With Implantable Glucose Sensor Approved
- Empagliflozin, Linagliptin Combination Therapy vs Linagliptin Monotherapy for Type 2 Diabetes
- Risk for Below Knee Amputations With Canagliflozin vs Other Antihyperglycemic Agents
- Two Phases of C-Peptide Decline Identified in Type I Diabetes
- Effect of SGLT2 Inhibitors on Heart Failure-Related Hospitalization, Below-Knee Amputation
- Nutraceuticals Containing Equol May Be Effective for Postmenopausal Symptoms
- Conservative Monitoring Strategy for Non-Functioning Pituitary Adenomas Evaluated
- FDA: Some Rx Drugs May Become Available Without Seeing a Doctor
- PM2.5 Contributes to Burden of Diabetes Mellitus Globally