Generic Name and Formulations:
Auranofin 3mg; caps.
Prometheus Labs, Inc.
Indications for RIDAURA:
Active rheumatoid arthritis unresponsive to NSAIDs.
Initially 6mg daily in 1–2 divided doses. If response inadequate after 6 months, may increase to 3mg 3 times daily. If still ineffective after 3 months, discontinue.
History of gold-induced disorders.
Gold toxicity. Physicians should be experienced in chrysotherapy.
Be fully familiar with chrysotherapy and this product's toxicity and benefits before use. Impaired renal or hepatic function. Inflammatory bowel disease. Rash. History of bone marrow depression. Monitor CBC with differential, platelet count, urinalysis, renal, liver function and for GI bleeding. Discontinue immediately if thrombocytopenia, proteinuria, or hematuria occurs. Pregnancy (Cat.C), nursing mothers: not recommended.
DMARD (gold salt).
Bone marrow depression, proteinuria, hematuria, diarrhea, GI upset, ulcerative colitis, rash, pruritus, exfoliative dermatitis, stomatitis, conjunctivitis, proteinuria, nephrotic syndrome, cholestatic jaundice, gold bronchitis, pneumonitis, peripheral neuropathy.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Subclinical Hypothyroidism: Controversies in Testing and Treatment
- Favorable Outcomes With Second-Generation Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Canagliflozin Trial for T2D With CKD Stopped Early Due to Positive Results
- Type 2 Diabetes and Alzheimer Disease: What's the Connection?
- Risk for Hypoglycemia During Titration With Insulin Glargine 100 U/mL in T2D
- Using Latent Class Trajectory Analysis to Determine Glucose Response Curve Patterns
- First CGM System With Implantable Glucose Sensor Approved
- Empagliflozin, Linagliptin Combination Therapy vs Linagliptin Monotherapy for Type 2 Diabetes
- Risk for Below Knee Amputations With Canagliflozin vs Other Antihyperglycemic Agents
- Two Phases of C-Peptide Decline Identified in Type I Diabetes
- Effect of SGLT2 Inhibitors on Heart Failure-Related Hospitalization, Below-Knee Amputation
- Nutraceuticals Containing Equol May Be Effective for Postmenopausal Symptoms
- Conservative Monitoring Strategy for Non-Functioning Pituitary Adenomas Evaluated
- FDA: Some Rx Drugs May Become Available Without Seeing a Doctor
- PM2.5 Contributes to Burden of Diabetes Mellitus Globally