Generic Name and Formulations:
Immobilized lipase (iLipase); per cartridge.
Alcresta Therapeutics, Inc.
Indications for RELiZORB:
To hydrolyze fats in enteral formula in patients ≥5yrs.
Adults and Children:
<5yrs: not established. ≥5yrs: use with enteral pump flow rates 24–120mL/hr. Use 1 cartridge for up to 500mL of enteral formula; if formula volume >500mL, may install a second cartridge for use immediately; max 2 cartridges per 24hr period. If formula volume <500mL per feeding, discard cartridge after use. For compatible enteral formulas, pumps, feed sets, and pump extension sets: see full labeling.
For use with enteral feeding only. Do not connect to any IV line, set up, or system. Do not reuse. Not for use with gravity feed systems. Monitor patients with fibrosing colonopathy; may progress to stricture formation. Exocrine pancreatic insufficiency: not studied.
Avoid enteral formulas containing insoluble fiber. Do not administer or add other medications through the cartridge or to the enteral feed line (in between the pump and cartridge). Concomitant porcine pancreatic enzyme replacement therapy: not studied.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Single Blood Sample Highly Predictive for Subsequent Diabetes Diagnosis
- Adjunctive Metformin for Insulin Resistance in T1D: A Clinical Perspective
- Effect of Fructose, Allulose on Postprandial Glucose Regulation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Sex Hormone Levels May Affect Postmenopausal Heart Disease Risk
- Menopausal Hormone Therapy Slows Cognitive Decline in Postmenopausal Women
- Diabetes Treatments
- Metformin May Decrease Colorectal Cancer Risk Among Males With Diabetes
- SGLT2 Inhibitor, GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Combination Treatment for Type 2 Diabetes: Expert Insights
- Semaglutide May Induce Weight Loss in Type 2 Diabetes Despite BMI
- FDA Clears Omnipod DASH System for Diabetes Management
- Effect of Infant Feeding Practices and Gut Microbiota on Overweight in First Year
- Empagliflozin, Linagliptin Combination Therapy vs Linagliptin Monotherapy for Type 2 Diabetes
- Cleared Blood Glucose Monitor Systems Not Always Accurate
- CDC: Obesity Prevalence Higher in Non-Metropolitan Counties
- Vascular Mortality Declining in Adults With Diabetes in the United States