Generic Name and Formulations:
Beclomethasone dipropionate 40mcg, 80mcg; per actuation; non-aqueous nasal spray soln.
Indications for QNASL:
Seasonal and perennial allergic rhinitis.
Adults and Children:
<4yrs: not established. 4–11yrs: 1 spray (40mcg) in each nostril once daily; max: 2 sprays per day. ≥12yrs: 2 sprays (80mcg) in each nostril once daily; max: 4 sprays per day.
Avoid in recent nasal septal ulcers, nasal surgery, or nasal trauma until healed. Monitor periodically for possible changes in nasal mucosa or Candida infection with long-term use. Discontinue if nasal erosion/ulceration or Candida infection occur (treat with local therapy). Change in vision, history of increased intraocular pressure, blurred vision, glaucoma, and/or cataracts: monitor closely. Respiratory tract tuberculosis. Untreated infections (eg, fungal, bacterial, viral, ocular herpes simplex). If exposed to measles or chickenpox, consider anti-infective prophylactic therapy. If adrenal insufficiency exists following systemic corticosteroid therapy, replacement with intranasal corticosteroids may exacerbate symptoms of adrenal insufficiency (eg, lassitude, depression). Monitor for hypercorticism and adrenal suppression (if occur discontinue gradually). Monitor for growth suppression in children. Avoid eyes, mouth and face. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Nasal discomfort, epistaxis, headache, pyrexia, upper respiratory tract infection, nasopharyngitis; hypersensitivity reactions (discontinue if occurs).
Aerosol 40mcg—4.9g (60 actuations), 8.7g (120 actuations); 80mcg—8.7g (120 actuations)
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Admelog Short-Acting Insulin Lispro Injection
- Fertility Hormone Therapy and Cardiovascular Outcomes: What We Know
- Effects of Peer Influence in Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes
- More Evidence That Saxagliptin Does Not Increase Risk for AMI in Diabetes
- One-Hour Glucose Readings Predict T2D Risk Better Than 2-Hour Measurements
- FDA: Vitamin B7 May Interfere With Lab Tests for Hormone Levels
- Injected and Oral Medications Equally Safe for Gestational Diabetes
- Adjunctive Dapagliflozin Improves Glycemic Control in T1D
- Estradiol Therapy May Benefit Overall Cognition in Postmenopausal Women
- Stopping Postmenopausal HT May Increase Risk for Cardiac, Stroke Death
- Psychosocial Benefits of a Bihormonal Bionic Pancreas System in T1D
- Safety of Chronic Total Occlusion Percutaneous Coronary Intervention in Diabetes
- Oral Insulin Not a Reliable Preventive Strategy for Type 1 Diabetes
- Prevention of Bone Mineral Density Loss Needed in Epilepsy
- Gastric Bypass Blunts B-Cell Sensitivity During Glycemia