Ovarian cyst and McCune-Albright syndrome were most responsible for the increased risk of non-congenital adrenal hyperplasia gonadotropin-independent precocious puberty.
Earlier age at menarche is associated with increased risk for gestational diabetes, according to a study published in Diabetes Care.
Children who develop certain signs of puberty at an early age are commonly referred to specialists for an evaluation, but this is often unnecessary.
Significant contributors include BMI z-score, age, pubertal stage, total sleep time and sleep efficiency.
For ER-negative breast cancer, childbirth status didn't affect benefits of later menarche age
Long-term treatment with the histrelin implant safely and effectively sustained gonadotropin suppression and improved predicted adult height in central precocious puberty.
Girls who consume a lot of sugar-sweetened beverages are more likely to start their menstrual periods earlier than those who do not.
Women who had an early or late age of menstruation onset have an increased risk for coronary heart disease, stroke and hypertension.
In pubertal children, disrupting deep sleep does not affect luteinizing hormone secretion.
Young female athletes my experience endocrine disorders, including menstrual problems and difficulty with bone mass, due to intense training.
Metabolic health in obese children likely changes during puberty.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- ACP Defends Higher Blood Glucose Targets for Type 2 Diabetes
- Updated Clinical Practice Guidelines on Testosterone Therapy in Men With Hypogonadism
- Semaglutide May Be Useful for Treating Obesity in People Without Diabetes
- Once-Daily Oral Contraceptive for Men Shows Promise
- HbA1c Levels Affect Serum Phospholipids, Inflammation inT2D, CVD
- American College of Physicians Releases 4 Guidelines for HbA1c Targets in T2D
- Dyslipidemia Drug Indications
- No Difference in Weight Loss Outcomes With Low-Fat vs Low-Carbohydrate Diet
- Damaging Effects of Gastric Bypass Surgery on Bone Mass and Microarchitecture
- Gastric Bypass Surgery Linked to Increased Risk for Nonvertebral Fractures
- Common Plant-Derived Oils May Contain Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals
- Red Meat Consumption Linked to Insulin Resistance and Steatohepatitis
- Effect of High Androgen Levels on Cardiovascular Risk in Postmenopausal Women
- Fertility in Women Negatively Affected by Asthma Medications
- Glucocorticoid Use in COPD Does Not Increase Fracture Risk