Ovarian cyst and McCune-Albright syndrome were most responsible for the increased risk of non-congenital adrenal hyperplasia gonadotropin-independent precocious puberty.
Earlier age at menarche is associated with increased risk for gestational diabetes, according to a study published in Diabetes Care.
Children who develop certain signs of puberty at an early age are commonly referred to specialists for an evaluation, but this is often unnecessary.
Significant contributors include BMI z-score, age, pubertal stage, total sleep time and sleep efficiency.
For ER-negative breast cancer, childbirth status didn't affect benefits of later menarche age
Long-term treatment with the histrelin implant safely and effectively sustained gonadotropin suppression and improved predicted adult height in central precocious puberty.
Girls who consume a lot of sugar-sweetened beverages are more likely to start their menstrual periods earlier than those who do not.
Women who had an early or late age of menstruation onset have an increased risk for coronary heart disease, stroke and hypertension.
In pubertal children, disrupting deep sleep does not affect luteinizing hormone secretion.
Young female athletes my experience endocrine disorders, including menstrual problems and difficulty with bone mass, due to intense training.
Metabolic health in obese children likely changes during puberty.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Two Phases of C-Peptide Decline Identified in Type I Diabetes
- Dulaglutide Effective for Patients With T2D, Moderate to Severe CKD
- Incidence of Diabetes Influenced by Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals in the Environment
- Guidelines for Management of Hypothalamic-Pituitary, Growth Disorders in Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Assessment of Low-Dose Aspirin As Chemoprevention in Type 2 Diabetes
- Using Latent Class Trajectory Analysis to Determine Glucose Response Curve Patterns
- First CGM System With Implantable Glucose Sensor Approved
- Adjunctive Metformin for Insulin Resistance in T1D: A Clinical Perspective
- Risk for Below Knee Amputations With Canagliflozin vs Other Antihyperglycemic Agents
- Empagliflozin, Linagliptin Combination Therapy vs Linagliptin Monotherapy for Type 2 Diabetes
- Government and Industry Lead the Way in Funding USPSTF Systematic Reviews
- New Romosozumab BLA Includes Data from Additional Osteoporosis Trials
- Impact of Maternal Diabetes on Outcomes in Very Preterm, Very Low-Birth-Weight Infants
- Age-Related Differences in Manifestation of Cushing Disease Identified
- International Group Develops Best Practices for Drug Packaging