Ovarian cyst and McCune-Albright syndrome were most responsible for the increased risk of non-congenital adrenal hyperplasia gonadotropin-independent precocious puberty.
Earlier age at menarche is associated with increased risk for gestational diabetes, according to a study published in Diabetes Care.
Children who develop certain signs of puberty at an early age are commonly referred to specialists for an evaluation, but this is often unnecessary.
Significant contributors include BMI z-score, age, pubertal stage, total sleep time and sleep efficiency.
For ER-negative breast cancer, childbirth status didn't affect benefits of later menarche age
Long-term treatment with the histrelin implant safely and effectively sustained gonadotropin suppression and improved predicted adult height in central precocious puberty.
Girls who consume a lot of sugar-sweetened beverages are more likely to start their menstrual periods earlier than those who do not.
Women who had an early or late age of menstruation onset have an increased risk for coronary heart disease, stroke and hypertension.
In pubertal children, disrupting deep sleep does not affect luteinizing hormone secretion.
Young female athletes my experience endocrine disorders, including menstrual problems and difficulty with bone mass, due to intense training.
Metabolic health in obese children likely changes during puberty.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Admelog Short-Acting Insulin Lispro Injection
- Fertility Hormone Therapy and Cardiovascular Outcomes: What We Know
- Effects of Peer Influence in Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes
- More Evidence That Saxagliptin Does Not Increase Risk for AMI in Diabetes
- One-Hour Glucose Readings Predict T2D Risk Better Than 2-Hour Measurements
- FDA: Vitamin B7 May Interfere With Lab Tests for Hormone Levels
- Injected and Oral Medications Equally Safe for Gestational Diabetes
- Adjunctive Dapagliflozin Improves Glycemic Control in T1D
- Estradiol Therapy May Benefit Overall Cognition in Postmenopausal Women
- Stopping Postmenopausal HT May Increase Risk for Cardiac, Stroke Death
- Psychosocial Benefits of a Bihormonal Bionic Pancreas System in T1D
- Safety of Chronic Total Occlusion Percutaneous Coronary Intervention in Diabetes
- Oral Insulin Not a Reliable Preventive Strategy for Type 1 Diabetes
- Prevention of Bone Mineral Density Loss Needed in Epilepsy
- Gastric Bypass Blunts B-Cell Sensitivity During Glycemia