Generic Name and Formulations:
Lansoprazole 30mg (2 caps containing e-c granules), clarithromycin 500mg (2 tabs), amoxicillin 500mg (4 caps); per pack.
Takeda Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc.
Indications for PREVPAC:
To eradicate H. pylori to reduce risk of duodenal ulcer recurrence.
Lansoprazole 30mg + clarithromycin 500mg + amoxicillin 1g, all twice daily for 10 or 14 days. Renal dysfunction (CrCl <30mL/min): not recommended.
Proton pump inhibitor + antibiotics (macrolide + penicillin).
For contraindications, warnings/precautions, interactions, and adverse reactions see entries for Prevacid, Biaxin, and Amoxil.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Efficacy and Safety of Alirocumab in Diabetes Mellitus
- Safety of DPP-IV Inhibitor, Cardiovascular Events After ACS in Type 2 Diabetes
- Adjunctive Metformin for Insulin Resistance in T1D: A Clinical Perspective
- Effect of Fructose, Allulose on Postprandial Glucose Regulation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Sex Hormone Levels May Affect Postmenopausal Heart Disease Risk
- Diabetes Treatments
- Metformin May Decrease Colorectal Cancer Risk Among Males With Diabetes
- SGLT2 Inhibitor, GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Combination Treatment for Type 2 Diabetes: Expert Insights
- Semaglutide May Induce Weight Loss in Type 2 Diabetes Despite BMI
- FDA Clears Omnipod DASH System for Diabetes Management
- Menopausal Hormone Therapy Slows Cognitive Decline in Postmenopausal Women
- Does Maintenance of Certification Status Affect Patient Care?
- Emotional Hyper-Reactivity and Cardiometabolic Risk in Remitted Bipolar Disorder
- Reduced Mortality for Women Undergoing Assisted Reproduction Likely Due to "Healthy Patient Effect"
- Romosozumab Followed by Denosumab Effective for BMD Increase in Postmenopausal Women