Generic Name and Formulations:
Dinoprostone 0.5mg/3g; endocervical gel.
Indications for PREPIDIL:
Ripening an unfavorable cervix in pregnant women at or near term.
See full labeling.
Where oxytocics or prolonged uterine contractions are inappropriate, including: history of cesarean section, major uterine surgery, presence of cephalopelvic disproportion, difficult labor, traumatic delivery, 6 or more previous term pregnancies, nonvertex presentation, hyperactive or hypertonic uterine patterns, fetal distress where delivery is not imminent. Ruptured membranes. Placenta previa or unexplained vaginal bleeding. When vaginal delivery is not indicated. Concomitant oxytocics.
For hospital use only when immediate intensive care and acute surgical facilities can be provided. Avoid contact with skin. Monitor uterine activity, fetal status, cervix. History of/or asthma. Glaucoma or increased intraocular pressure. If hypersensitivity reaction is suspected, remove Prepidil gel if possible. Renal or hepatic dysfunction. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
Potentiates oxytocics. Oxytocin: a dosing interval of 6–12hrs is needed, if used following Prepidil administration.
Maternal: Uterine rupture, uterine contraction abnormality, GI upset, back pain, warm feeling in vagina, fever, premature rupture of membranes. Fetal: Heart rate abnormality, fetal depression, fetal acidosis. Amnionitis and intrauterine fetal sepsis associated with extra-intrauterine administration.
Prefilled-syringe applicator (w. catheters)—5
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Update on Vitamin D and Calcium Supplements for Reducing Fracture Risk
- AAP Shares List of 5 Unnecessary Pediatric Tests and Procedures
- Lower Risk for SGLT2i-Associated Genitourinary Infection With DPP-4i
- Severe Hypoglycemia Associated With Increased Mortality Risk in T2D
- Efficacy of CGM in Preterm Infants of Mothers With Diabetes
- High Grip Strength Associated With Lower Risk for Diabetes-Related AEs
- Statin Use for CVD Prevention Increases Diabetes Risk in Overweight Patients
- Optimal Timing of Gastric Bypass and Cholecystectomy When Both Procedures Clinically Indicated
- Does Asthma Contribute to Infertility?
- Short-Term Probiotics Increase Weight Loss in Overweight, Obesity