Maternal thyroid function and weight gain in early pregnancy were associated with hypothyroidism, but not hyperthyroidism.
Pregnancy-associated stroke risk is even higher in women with chronic hypertension, coagulopathies, and prothrombotic conditions.
Researchers examined the efficacy of aspirin in preventing preterm preeclampsia in women at risk.
Financial data for both mothers and children were examined through the first year of life.
Special considerations are needed when treating women of reproductive age with pregestational diabetes.
Gestational weight gain above current recommendations was a risk of infants with macrosomia or needing a cesarian delivery.
According to Journal of the American Heart Association, pregnant women with chronic hypertension using antihypertensive agents reduces the risk of hypertension without added risk to the fetus.
Researchers suggest that women with overweight or obesity aim to lose weight before becoming pregnant.
Researchers examined the relationship between maternal diabetes and asthma risk in children.
Vitamin K antagonists and low-molecular weight heparin were associated with the lowest risks of adverse maternal and fetal outcomes.
Women with preeclampsia should heed any neurological symptoms, which may be signs of a stroke.
Women at high risk for preeclampsia should take low-dose aspirin as a preventive therapy.
Miscarriage risk before 20 weeks of gestation is higher among women with untreated subclinical hypothyroidism.
The relative risk for developing preeclampsia, determined using waist-to-hip ratio, was 3.317 vs 2.418 using BMI.
Gestational diabetes had a 23.3% incidence rate in the combination inositol group compared with 18.3% in the control group.
Pregnant women who took lactobacillus rhamnosus HN001 in their second trimester had lower rates of gestational diabetes.
Women with preeclampsia and pregnancy-associated stroke were more likely to have preexisting hypertension than controls.
In a follow-up to the PregMet study, researchers examined the long-term metabolic effects of metformin therapy in pregnancy with polycystic ovarian syndrome.
The effects of testosterone therapy administered before controlled ovarian stimulation on pregnancy and live birth rates were examined in poor responders undergoing IVF
Failed fertility therapy was linked to an increase of long-term adverse cardiovascular events.
Children born to mothers with gestational diabetes had elevated rates of abnormal glucose tolerance and were more likely to be overweight or obese.
Researchers found that women participating in group prenatal care were more likely to experience excess gestational weight gain.
Insulin types and regimens should be determined on an individual basis since there is insufficient data to support one treatment over another.
Full-term infants were more likely to be affected by obesity in early pregnancy.
Data from a large nationwide cohort were used to determine risk of adverse perinatal outcomes in the setting of gestational diabetes.
Women with subclinical hypothyroidism who undergo thyroid hormone treatment have a decreased risk of pregnancy loss, but may experience other pregnancy-related adverse outcomes.
Researchers assessed whether elevated FABP4 in early pregnancy could predict preeclampsia.
Women with a history of bariatric surgery may have an increased risk of preterm birth.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Reducing Hypoglycemia in T1D and T2D: Insulin Degludec vs Insulin Glargine
- Insulin Therapy Initiation in T2D Associated With Sedentary Behavior, Weight Increases
- Early, Middle Adulthood Weight Gain Linked to Increased Chronic Disease Risk
- Diabetes Risk Lowered With Regular Alcohol Consumption
- BMD of Femoral Neck Declines Twice as Fast in HIV-Infected Women
- Efficacy of Biomarker Screening Pathway in Monogenic Diabetes Diagnosis
- Heart Failure in Type 2 Diabetes: Improving the Risk Model
- Two-Hour Postload Glucose Test as Predictor of Cardiovascular Events
- HbA1c, Fasting Plasma Glucose Predictive of Alzheimer's in T2D
- Management of Hypoglycemia: Insulin Degludec vs Insulin Glargine
- BMD Loss Slowed With Delayed Antiretroviral Therapy in HIV
- USPSTF: Lifestyle Counseling Can Protect CV Health in Low-Risk Adults
- Improved Aspirin Responsiveness in Obesity With Bariatric Surgery
- Primary Plus Specialist Care in Diabetes with Compensated Cirrhosis: Is There A Benefit?
- Mild Cases of Cushing's Syndrome Present Diagnostic Challenges