Patients with prediabetes who experienced intensive blood pressure management had better outcomes with CVD events and all-cause mortality.
Nearly one-third of surveyed PCPs were not familiar with the American Diabetes Association prediabetes guidelines.
Eighty-three veterans with PTSD participated in a study examining biological pathways between PTSD and metabolic diseases.
Low-Carbohydrate vs Low-fat Diet Success In Patients With Prediabetes Differs According to Fasting Insulin LevelsJune 13, 2017
Fasting plasma glucose, insulin, and insulin sensitivity levels were measured to determine their prognostic value as markers for long-term weight loss.
Researchers conducted a subgroup analysis of the SPRINT clinical trial to determine whether intensive blood pressure treatment outcomes were similar in patients with prediabetes vs normal fasting blood glucose levels.
Sitagliptin improved glucose excursion and lowered triglyceride levels in men with prediabetes who were also overweight.
Glucose levels were measured at 30, 60, 90, and 120 minutes after study participants consumed sugary drinks.
Among patients with varying levels of periodontitis, prediabetes or type 2 diabetes diagnoses were common.
Fasting glucose is specific but not sensitive, and HbA1c is neither sensitive nor specific.
Only about half of US family doctors follow guidelines on screening patients for prediabetes, according to a study published in the Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine.
Diabetes, waist circumference, and prediabetes were the main metabolic factors associated with neuropathy.
A majority of adults aged older than 40 would be considered at risk for prediabetes, which could have unintended negative consequences.
Standardized mixed-meal tolerance tests (MMTT) and arginine stimulation tests (AST) provide reproducible measures of beta-cell function across glucose tolerance states.
Data from the 2004 to 2014 National Health Examination Survey suggest that prevalence of diabetes has increased among US adolescents.
Brisk walking may be more effective than jogging in controlling blood glucose levels in patients with prediabetes.
The rate of healthy-weight prediabetes increased from 10.2% to 18.5% from 1988 to 2012.
A change in how patients and physicians view diabetes may is necessary for preventing the disease and its complications.
The treatment was safe and effective for patients with prediabetes or type 2 diabetes and nonalcoholic steatohepatitis.
A 20-year study shows that maintaining cardiorespiratory fitness through adulthood decreases the risk for diabetes and prediabetes.
Study found many patients with higher-than-normal HbA1c levels were not being treated for it.
For patients with prediabetes offered Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP) classes, text message support can enhance weight loss.
Vitamin D did not affect glucose homeostasis in patients with abnormal glucose tolerance.
In a prospective study, prediabetes was an independent risk factor for hyperfiltration and increased albuminuria.
A phosphodiesterone 5 inhibitor may improve metabolic parameters that predispose people to developing diabetes.
Researchers noted a decrease in plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 without affecting tissue-plasminogen activator.
In a U.K. cohort, association varied with ethnicity and with prediabetes definition criterion.
Current, former marijuana users more likely to develop prediabetes but not type 2 diabetes.
Many also don't know they are at risk, according to researchers.
Recommendations made based on 53 studies on 66 diet and exercise programs.
Problems include excessive costs, increased risk for complications later and more.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Imaging Studies in Hypothyroidism Evaluation Linked to Unnecessary Risks
- Transoral Endoscopic Thyroidectomy Vestibular Approach: Safety and Outcomes
- Once-Weekly Omarigliptin Improves Glycemic Control in Type 2 Diabetes
- Insulin Glargine Associated With Breast Cancer Risk in T2D
- High Grip Strength Associated With Lower Risk for Diabetes-Related AEs
- Update on Vitamin D and Calcium Supplements for Reducing Fracture Risk
- Bariatric Surgery: An Effective Treatment for Type 2 Diabetes
- Lower Risk for SGLT2i-Associated Genitourinary Infection With DPP-4i
- Severe Hypoglycemia Associated With Increased Mortality Risk in T2D
- Efficacy of CGM in Preterm Infants of Mothers With Diabetes
- Increased Risk of Diabetes, Post-Diabetes Pneumonia for Patients With COPD
- Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction Occurs After Islet Autoimmunity in T1D
- T2D in African American Women Ups ER-negative Breast Cancer Risk
- High-Sensitivity CRP and LDL-C Predictive of Subsequent MACE in T2D
- Risks Associated With Denosumab Discontinuation