PRED-G OPH OINT Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Prednisolone acetate 0.6%, gentamicin (as sulfate) 0.3%.
Indications for PRED-G OPH OINT:
Ocular inflammation associated with infection.
½ inch 1–3 times daily; max 8g for initial ℞.
Fungal, viral or mycobacterial infections.
Not for uncomplicated removal of foreign body. Corneal or scleral thinning. Glaucoma. Monitor for secondary infections, cataracts, and intraocular pressure in prolonged use. May mask signs of infection. Avoid abrupt cessation. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Steroid + aminoglycoside.
In prolonged use increased intraocular pressure, cataracts, corneal perforation, optic nerve damage, secondary infections. Ocular discomfort (eg, burning, stinging, hyperemia, pain, discharge, irritation), visual impairment, foreign body sensation in eyes, dysgeusia, punctate keratitis, delayed wound healing, hypersensitivity or allergic skin reactions.
Susp—5mL, 10mL; Oint—3.5g
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Use of In-Hospital Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion: A Consensus Statement
- Better Control With DPP-4 Inhibitors vs NPH Insulin in Type 2 Diabetes
- Achieving Glycemic Control in T2D After Basal Insulin Initiation
- Osteoporosis Drug Shows Cardioprotective Potential at 10-Year Follow-Up
- Effects of the Two Types of Anorexia Nervosa on Bone Metabolism
- Diabetes Treatments
- Incretins, Thiazolidinediones Associated With Better Glycemic Control in T2D
- No Link Between HbA1c Levels and Wound Healing in Patients With Diabetic Foot Ulcers
- Risk for Fetal Loss Early in Pregnancy Not Greater With Noninsulin vs Insulin Therapy
- Risk for Iodine Deficiency and Hypothyroidism High in Children on Parenteral Nutrition
- Inverse Association Between Serum 25(OH)D Levels and Risk for Diabetes
- Glycemic Control Variations for Children, Adolescents With T1D in High-Income Countries
- Late-Life Mobility Limitations Linked to Obesity After Arthroplasty for OA in Women
- Fracture Risk Should Be Monitored in Bisphosphonate Drug Holiday
- Provider Counseling for Weight Loss Up for Arthritis, Overweight