Generic Name and Formulations:
Idarucizumab 2.5g/50mL; soln for IV inj; preservative-free; contains sorbitol.
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals
Indications for PRAXBIND:
Reversal of the anticoagulant effects of dabigatran in emergency surgery/urgent procedures and in life-threatening or uncontrolled bleeding.
For IV use only. Administer 5g (2 vials) as 2 consecutive infusions or as bolus injection of both vials consecutively via syringe. Other additional dose: see Warnings/Precautions.
Thromboembolic risk; consider resuming anticoagulant therapy as soon as medically appropriate; can initiate dabigatran 24hrs after Praxbind administration. In patients having a reappearance of bleeding with elevated coagulation parameters or those requiring a second emergency surgery/urgent procedure and have elevated coagulation parameters, consider repeat administration of Praxbind 5g dose. Discontinue immediately if hypersensitivity reactions occur and treat appropriately. Hereditary fructose intolerance. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Humanized monoclonal antibody fragment.
Headache, constipation, nausea; hypersensitivity reactions.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Long-Term Efficacy and Safety of Dapagliflozin for Type 1 Diabetes
- Measuring Time in Range During CGM May Be Useful Outcome Metric for Clinical Trials
- HbA1c Variability in General Population Increases Risk for Cardiovascular Events, All-Cause Mortality
- Safety and Effectiveness of the Most Common Bariatric Procedures Examined
- AHA, ADA Announce Joint Education Initiative to Reduce CVD Deaths in T2D
- High Circulating Prolactin Concentrations May Lower Risk for Type 2 Diabetes
- Online Tool Helps Patients With Advance Care Planning
- Dapagliflozin Lowers Heart Failure Hospitalization Rates in High-Risk Patients With Diabetes
- Direct-Acting Antiviral Therapy Reduced Risk for Incident T2D in Patients With Hepatitis C Infection
- Technological Breakthroughs in Medicine Move Physician-Patient Interactions From The Computer Screen Back to the Exam Room