The American Heart Association has updated their disaster resources page with the latest tips to keep in mind when counseling patients ahead of a natural disaster.
Medical students are choosing to forego lectures to use the time studying for the Step 1 exam instead.
Health care is a leading producer of environmental pollutants, but there's reason to be hopeful this will change.
Hospitals receiving bundled payments are reducing skilled nursing facility (SNF) use and improving care integration to improve quality and control costs.
Medical residents can take steps to maintain their energy and alertness during long shifts.
Doctors can use Twitter to build networks and learn more about research in real time.
With its expansion into the healthcare industry, Amazon has taken one more step towards total domination.
Physicians and consumers agree on the benefits of virtual care, but physician adoption of virtual care technologies is low.
AHA, ADA, and Others Express Concern Around Proposed Legislation to Protect Those With Preexisting ConditionsSeptember 14, 2018
The American Heart Association has published a statement in opposition of the latest Senate healthcare bill aimed at dismantling the Affordable Care Act.
Three U.S. health care foundations and seven hospital groups have formed a generic drug company to combat high prices and chronic shortages of medicines.
High-quality health care needs to be provided to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) patients, and improved training is necessary to deliver that care.
Medicaid work requirements will only impact a small proportion of persons and may only generate minimal savings.
Enrollment in high-deductible health plans has increased among adults with employment-based insurance coverage.
Uncertainty surrounds the future of the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program.
From 2013 to 2016 there was an increase in children's participation in Medicaid and the Children's Health Insurance Program.
Issues to consider include how to address patients, obtaining inclusive history, and unique clinical challenges.
Pharmacist roles include helping with insulin treatment, virtual consults, and diabetes management.
An annual survey of resident physicians conducted by AMA Insurance found that the top financial concern of current residents is paying off medical school loans.
Medical collections decrease substantially with age, possibly because of increased health insurance coverage and incomes.
The average change in median compensation was 1.2% in 2017 for all medical specialties.
Interested in specializing in critical care? You may want to reconsider.
Appropriate and standardized regulation of mobile medical applications may enable faster adoption and integration of these technology platforms in the health care environment
Affordable Care Act Marketplace premiums increase more in areas with monopolist insurers.
House of Delegates adopts policy stating that health equity is a goal toward which the AMA should work.
Because they're busy looking in different directions, the principles "innocent until proven guilty" and "first, do no harm" don't always get along.
More than half of the new approvals of Breakthrough Therapy drugs were based on a single pivotal trial.
The demise of the National Guideline Clearinghouse in July 2018 is likely to impact evidence-based health care around the world.
Medical practice staff can effectively handle negative online reviews by staying calm and positive, looking for solutions, apologizing, and thanking the reviewers.
Artificial intelligence (AI) offers opportunities for early detection, triage, and diagnostics.
Practices should conduct risk analysis to evaluate product deficiencies, create corrective measures.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Trends in Cardiovascular Deaths for US Adults With and Without Diabetes
- Diabetic Retinopathy Risk Not Increased With GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Use in T2D
- Concurrent Risk Factors and Microvascular Complications in Type 1 Diabetes
- Comparing Efficacies of Second-Line Treatments in Type 2 Diabetes
- Higher Risk for Meningioma Linked to GH Treatment, Radiotherapy During Childhood
- Nutraceuticals May Benefit Patients Who Are Statin Intolerant
- Hypertension Treatments: ARBs
- Semaglutide vs Liraglutide for Weight Loss in Patients With Obesity
- Liraglutide May Lower Risk for Foot Amputation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Thyroid Hormone Levels, Body Composition, Insulin Resistance in Euthyroid Patients
- Behavioral Weight Loss Interventions May Prevent Obesity
- Disaster Preparedness 101: Physician Resources for Patients
- Assessing the Environmental Impact of the Healthcare Industry
- Medical Schools Phase Out Lectures as Education Shifts Outside the Classroom
- Clonidine Testing Is Safe and Reliable for Diagnosing Growth Hormone Deficiency