Surveillence data confirms that in the US, gender minority adults experience marked health disparities.
Ninety-eight percent of participants reported that the text messaging intervention was easy to use.
Physician burnout is often caused by a breakdown of 1 of 6 factors, including workload, control, rewards, community, fairness, and values conflicts.
Data from 21.4 million outpatient visits were examined to assessed in-office wait times between patients with Medicaid and private insurance.
Electronic medication record use reduced errors in medication administration among patients.
Physicians should take control of unclaimed online profiles and encourage patients to discuss negative complaints by phone.
Health literacy tools encourage shared decision making between patients and clinicians.
County-level health insurance coverage increased based on the volume of Affordable Care Act (ACA) television advertisements.
The Department of Health and Human Services may impose a corrective action plan (CAP) in response to a particularly egregious HIPAA breach.
Patients admitted during Joint Commission on-site inspections have lower 30-day mortality vs those admitted during non-survey weeks.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Maternal Deaths in the United States: Sounding a Call to Action
- Semaglutide Improved Beta-Cell Function and Glycemic Control in Type 2 Diabetes
- Blood Glucose Self-Monitoring in Type 2 Diabetes Does Not Benefit Glycemic Control
- Major Cardiovascular Event Incidence in T2D: Degludec vs Glargine
- The Handoff: Your Week in Endocrinology News - 6/23/17
- Reduced Cardiovascular Events in Type 2 Diabetes Treated With Dapagliflozin
- Canagliflozin Reduces Cardiovascular Stress In Older Patients With Type 2 Diabetes
- Diabetic Retinopathy Caused by Sleep Apnea in T2D
- Transition-of-Care Algorithm Performs Well in Surgery Patients With Type 2 Diabetes
- GLP-1 Analog Counteracts Antipsychotic-Induced Glucose Intolerance, Weight Gain