Generic Name and Formulations:
Polymyxin B sulfate 10000Units, bacitracin zinc 500Units; per gram; oint.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare
Indications for POLYSPORIN:
Help prevent infection of minor cuts, scrapes, and burns.
Adults and Children:
Apply 1–3 times daily.
Superinfection, allergic dermatitis (rare).
Oint—½ oz, 1oz
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Subclinical Hypothyroidism: Controversies in Testing and Treatment
- Favorable Outcomes With Second-Generation Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Treatment With Alemtuzumab May Frequently Induce Thyroid Dysfunction
- Type 2 Diabetes and Alzheimer Disease: What's the Connection?
- NT-proBNP May Predict Cardiovascular Outcomes in Type 2 Diabetes
- Using Latent Class Trajectory Analysis to Determine Glucose Response Curve Patterns
- First CGM System With Implantable Glucose Sensor Approved
- Empagliflozin, Linagliptin Combination Therapy vs Linagliptin Monotherapy for Type 2 Diabetes
- Risk for Below Knee Amputations With Canagliflozin vs Other Antihyperglycemic Agents
- Two Phases of C-Peptide Decline Identified in Type I Diabetes
- Effect of SGLT2 Inhibitors on Heart Failure-Related Hospitalization, Below-Knee Amputation
- Nutraceuticals Containing Equol May Be Effective for Postmenopausal Symptoms
- Conservative Monitoring Strategy for Non-Functioning Pituitary Adenomas Evaluated
- FDA: Some Rx Drugs May Become Available Without Seeing a Doctor
- PM2.5 Contributes to Burden of Diabetes Mellitus Globally