PERIDEX ORAL RINSE Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Chlorhexidine gluconate 0.12%; contains alcohol 11.6%.
Indications for PERIDEX ORAL RINSE:
≥18yrs: Start after dental prophylaxis. Rinse with 15mL (undiluted) twice daily (AM & PM) for 30 seconds after brushing teeth; expectorate. Do not rinse with water or other mouthwashes, brush teeth, or eat immediately after use.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Do dental prophylaxis (calculus removal) before starting, then every 6 months. Coexisting gingivitis and periodontitis (effect on periodontitis not known, may cause increased supra- or subgingival calculus). May stain rough surfaces or margins of anterior facial restorations. Pregnancy (Category B). Nursing mothers.
Staining of teeth and other oral surfaces, increase in calculus formation, taste alteration, irritation or changes to oral mucosa (eg, stomatitis, dry mouth, ulceration).
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Subclinical Hypothyroidism: Controversies in Testing and Treatment
- Canagliflozin Trial for T2D With CKD Stopped Early Due to Positive Results
- Favorable Outcomes With Second-Generation Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Type 2 Diabetes and Alzheimer Disease: What's the Connection?
- Risk for Hypoglycemia During Titration With Insulin Glargine 100 U/mL in T2D
- Using Latent Class Trajectory Analysis to Determine Glucose Response Curve Patterns
- First CGM System With Implantable Glucose Sensor Approved
- Empagliflozin, Linagliptin Combination Therapy vs Linagliptin Monotherapy for Type 2 Diabetes
- Risk for Below Knee Amputations With Canagliflozin vs Other Antihyperglycemic Agents
- Two Phases of C-Peptide Decline Identified in Type I Diabetes
- Effect of SGLT2 Inhibitors on Heart Failure-Related Hospitalization, Below-Knee Amputation
- Nutraceuticals Containing Equol May Be Effective for Postmenopausal Symptoms
- Conservative Monitoring Strategy for Non-Functioning Pituitary Adenomas Evaluated
- FDA: Some Rx Drugs May Become Available Without Seeing a Doctor
- PM2.5 Contributes to Burden of Diabetes Mellitus Globally