Generic Name and Formulations:
Haemophilus b conjugate 7.5mcg (meningococcal protein conjugate 250mcg); per 0.5mL; IM inj.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for PEDVAXHIB:
Immunization of children against H. influenzae type b.
<2 months: not recommended. 2 and 4 months: 0.5mL lM. Children vaccinated (with 2 dose regimen) before 12 months should receive booster at 12 months (but not <2 months after previous shot). Previously unvaccinated children, 15–71 months: 0.5mL lM once.
Immunodeficiency. Delay administration in febrile or active infection. Have epinephrine inj (1:1000) available. Protection begins several days after injection. Pregnancy (Cat. C): not recommended.
Local reactions, fever.
Single-dose vials (w. diluent)—10
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Fasting Glycemic Variability Indicates Increased Risk for Type 2 Diabetes
- Heritability of BMI Stronger in Obesogenic Environments
- Adverse Events Associated With Diazoxide Treatment for Congenital Hyperinsulinism
- Maternal Gluten Intake Associated With Risk for Type 1 Diabetes in Offspring
- Domestic Refrigeration May Pose Underestimated Risk for Insulin Quality
- Vitamin D Supplementation Has No Effect on Musculoskeletal Health
- Deep Learning Algorithm Efficiently Detects Vision-Threatening Diabetic Retinopathy
- Industry-Funded Trials Often Involve Employees in Studies
- Nutrition Tips for Physicians: Staying Healthy During Busy Days
- Early-Onset Asthma/Wheezing Associated With Later Childhood Obesity