In the last 5 years, many clinicians have faced tough questions about how best to serve transgender youth while doing no harm.
Primary cancer rates and mortality risk were no higher for pediatric patients treated with growth hormone therapy.
The risk for meningioma was not significantly higher in patients who did not receive radiotherapy.
Investigators sought to determine the effect of birth weight, weight gain from 0 to 2 years, and adiposity on insulin resistance and sensitivity in early adolescence.
Investigators sought to improve growth-monitoring programs by examining existing algorithms and examined the effect of using WHO vs national growth charts on algorithm performance.
Counseling about impaired fertility and sexual function for at-risk pediatric populations in developmentally appropriate ways is essential.
The American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Pediatric Committee has updated their 2012 evidence-based guidelines.
The lifestyle physical activity program included weight education, control, self-monitoring, behavioral change techniques, and maintenance of behavior change.
ISPAD recommends adjustments for fluid management regarding rehydration rates in children and adolescents with diabetes ketoacidosis.
Researchers assessed the effect of formula supplementation vs breastfeeding on the gut microbiome and risk of infant overweight.
Subcutaneous burosumab decreases mean Thacher rickets severity total score from dosing every two weeks or every four weeks.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Long-Term Efficacy and Safety of Dapagliflozin for Type 1 Diabetes
- Measuring Time in Range During CGM May Be Useful Outcome Metric for Clinical Trials
- HbA1c Variability in General Population Increases Risk for Cardiovascular Events, All-Cause Mortality
- Safety and Effectiveness of the Most Common Bariatric Procedures Examined
- AHA, ADA Announce Joint Education Initiative to Reduce CVD Deaths in T2D
- High Circulating Prolactin Concentrations May Lower Risk for Type 2 Diabetes
- Online Tool Helps Patients With Advance Care Planning
- Dapagliflozin Lowers Heart Failure Hospitalization Rates in High-Risk Patients With Diabetes
- Direct-Acting Antiviral Therapy Reduced Risk for Incident T2D in Patients With Hepatitis C Infection
- Technological Breakthroughs in Medicine Move Physician-Patient Interactions From The Computer Screen Back to the Exam Room