Several factors contribute to healthcare inequalities in the United States. David Himmelstein, MD, from the City University of New York School of Urban Public Health at Hunter College, weighs in on the issue.
Only approximately half of pediatric patients with a blood pressure reading ≥95th percentile would be correctly classified based on their initial blood pressure reading.
Children with T1D had statistically significantly higher prevalence rates of hypertension, hypercholesterolemia, and used more CV medication compared with a matched diabetes-free reference cohort in the period after the onset of diabetes.
Increased odds of fractures in pediatric patients with asthma may be associated with systemic corticosteroid use, but not with inhaled corticosteroid use.
Study investigated the correlations between age and body composition with trabecular morphology in a cohort of healthy girls age 9 to 18.
Study evaluated the safety and efficacy of autoantigen-specific therapy with alum-formulated glutamate decarboxylase in nondiabetic children with multiple islet autoantibodies.
More research is needed in order to better estimate hypoglycemic frequency in this population, determine the causes of these hypoglycemic episodes, and determine whether it is the sulfonylurea dose or outside factors that play a larger role.
Study sought to determine the optimal dosing of linagliptin for the treatment of children with type 2 diabetes.
Study sought to evaluate whether baseline autonomic dysfunction was predictive of future increases in urine albumin-creatinine ratio in pediatric patients with type 1 diabetes.
A study examined the efficacy and safety of predictive low-glucose management systems for the prevention of hypoglycemia in adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
An observational study was conducted by investigators to evaluate the progression of thyroid cancer in young individuals by ultrasonography.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Effect of Sugar-Sweetened Beverages on Obesity Development
- Metformin and PCOS: Improving Menstrual Cycle and Hormone Profiles
- Denosumab May Increase BMD in Women With Primary Hyperparathyroidism
- T2D May Play a Protective Role Against Developing Aortic Diseases
- Risk Factors for Diabetes May Be Identified 20 Years Before Diagnosis
- Metformin Safe in T2D With Moderate to Severe Chronic Kidney Disease
- SGLT2 Inhibitors Show High Cardiovascular- and Renal-Protective Effects in T2D
- Type 2 Diabetes Insulin Initiation: Predictors Identified
- Two New Diabetes Medications Now Available
- Managing Acute Pain in Patients With Severe Obesity
- Risk for Congenital Malformations With Antithyroid Drugs
- Occupational Therapy May Benefit Young Adults With Diabetes
- Weight Loss May Improve Pain in Patients With Obesity
- Prior Authorizations Are Creating a Challenge for Clinicians
- Effect of Biologic DMARDs on Spinal Fracture Risk in Ankylosing Spondylitis