Study showed gender-discordant metabolic impairment during puberty that was correlated with peak growth velocity in boys, but not in girls.
ISPAD recommends adjustments for fluid management regarding rehydration rates in children and adolescents with diabetes ketoacidosis.
Researchers assessed the effect of formula supplementation vs breastfeeding on the gut microbiome and risk of infant overweight.
Subcutaneous burosumab decreases mean Thacher rickets severity total score from dosing every two weeks or every four weeks.
Routine screening for neonatal hypoglycemia after pregnancies complicated by gestational diabetes (GD) reveals high incidence of both mild and severe hypoglycemia for both diet-controlled and insulin-treated GD and across the full range of birth weight centiles.
Further clinical trials are needed to explore the potential beneficial effect of vitamin D supplementation, via fortified foods and/or dietary supplements, on insulin resistance, and possibly on weight management.
Parents and healthcare workers should carefully consider the risk for obesity in infants born to women with diabetes, especially infants born large for gestational age, and should initiate preventive measures where possible.
Early treatment of cardiovascular disease risk factors such as dyslipidemia and hypertension will have long-term benefits with low risk and cost and should be more widely used in pediatric type 1 diabetes care.
Findings demonstrated a high incidence of sodium alterations in children following transsphenoidal surgery, with a 38% combined incidence of diabetes insipidus and syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone secretion.
Only approximately half of pediatric patients with a blood pressure reading ≥95th percentile would be correctly classified based on their initial blood pressure reading.
Children with T1D had statistically significantly higher prevalence rates of hypertension, hypercholesterolemia, and used more CV medication compared with a matched diabetes-free reference cohort in the period after the onset of diabetes.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Subclinical Hypothyroidism: Controversies in Testing and Treatment
- Favorable Outcomes With Second-Generation Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Fatigue Management Contributes to Effective Endometriosis Care
- Assessment of Low-Dose Aspirin As Chemoprevention in Type 2 Diabetes
- Treatment With Alemtuzumab May Frequently Induce Thyroid Dysfunction
- Using Latent Class Trajectory Analysis to Determine Glucose Response Curve Patterns
- First CGM System With Implantable Glucose Sensor Approved
- Empagliflozin, Linagliptin Combination Therapy vs Linagliptin Monotherapy for Type 2 Diabetes
- Risk for Below Knee Amputations With Canagliflozin vs Other Antihyperglycemic Agents
- Two Phases of C-Peptide Decline Identified in Type I Diabetes
- Risk for Hypoglycemia During Titration With Insulin Glargine 100 U/mL in T2D
- Trulicity Labeling Updated to Include Data on T2D Patients With CKD
- New Data Support Long-Term Cardiovascular Safety of Linagliptin in T2D
- Peer-Led Education Helps Physicians Save Time With EHRs
- As Immigration Policies Tighten, Physician Shortage Concerns Grow