Weight, metabolic health, and overall quality of life improved 3 years after bariatric surgery.
Data from a phase 3 clinical trial found that triptorelin achieved positive results in patients age 2 and older with central precocious puberty.
A Committee Opinion noted that mental health disorders may "interfere with adolescents' ability to understand or articulate" health concerns, including menstrual dysfunction and safe sexual behavior.
Metformin decreases BMI z score and improves inflammatory parameters in prepubertal children with obesity.
Updates to the US Preventive Services Task Force's recommendations on obesity screening in children and adolescents focus on intensive behavioral interventions.
Childhood obesity is linked to long-lasting mental health repercussions, including depression in adulthood.
A questionnaire was administered to participants who received preoperative information via either a web-based platform or conventional brochure.
Although increases in hemoglobin and hematocrit levels were recorded, findings support the safety of cross-sex hormones for transgender teens.
Early psychotic symptoms in child or adolescent patients were predictive of elevated BMI and waist circumference scores.
The evidence-based clinical practice guideline focuses on the prevention and treatment of childhood obesity.
Consumption of foods and beverages with low-calorie sweeteners such as aspartame, sucralose, and saccharin rose 200% among children between 1999 and 2012.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Positive Outcomes Associated With Regular Depression Screening in T2D
- Parathyroidectomy for Secondary, Tertiary Hyperparathyroidism Increases Morbidity and Mortality
- Reversing Type 1 Diabetes May Be Possible With Tuberculosis Vaccine
- Acceptable Variability With Novel Sensor for Glucose Monitoring in T2D
- Liraglutide, Metformin, and Gliclazide Compared in Comorbid Type 2 Diabetes and Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
- The Handoff: Your Week in Endocrinology News - 7/21/17
- Link Between Diabetes and Hospital Readmission Rates
- Metabolic Profile, Weight Increases Assessed in Ziprasidone Augmentation for Major Depressive Disorder
- Pediatric Respiratory and Atopic Outcomes With Free Sugar Consumption In Pregnancy
- Surgical Wound Complications With Staples, Sutures in Women With Obesity