Weight, metabolic health, and overall quality of life improved 3 years after bariatric surgery.
Childhood obesity is linked to long-lasting mental health repercussions, including depression in adulthood.
A questionnaire was administered to participants who received preoperative information via either a web-based platform or conventional brochure.
Although increases in hemoglobin and hematocrit levels were recorded, findings support the safety of cross-sex hormones for transgender teens.
Early psychotic symptoms in child or adolescent patients were predictive of elevated BMI and waist circumference scores.
The evidence-based clinical practice guideline focuses on the prevention and treatment of childhood obesity.
Consumption of foods and beverages with low-calorie sweeteners such as aspartame, sucralose, and saccharin rose 200% among children between 1999 and 2012.
Treatment with growth hormone did not affect insulin sensitivity or insulin secretion in girls with Turner syndrome.
Best practices have been developed for managing children with celiac disease, according to a special article published online in Pediatrics.
Neonates born to mothers exposed to beta-blockers at the time of delivery have increased risk of neonatal hypoglycemia and bradycardia.
Student-athletes have similar rates of obesity and high blood pressure as non-athletes, according to research published in The Journal of Pediatrics.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Maternal Deaths in the United States: Sounding a Call to Action
- Pooled Analysis Demonstrates Safety, Tolerability of Empagliflozin
- Serum Cholesterol Levels Over Time and Risk of Parkinson's Disease
- Prolonged Delayed Eating Linked to Weight Gain, Increased Respiratory Quotient
- The Handoff: Your Week in Endocrinology News - 6/16/17
- Reduced Cardiovascular Events in Type 2 Diabetes Treated With Dapagliflozin
- Canagliflozin Reduces Cardiovascular Stress In Older Patients With Type 2 Diabetes
- Diabetic Retinopathy Caused by Sleep Apnea in T2D
- Transition-of-Care Algorithm Performs Well in Surgery Patients With Type 2 Diabetes
- GLP-1 Analog Counteracts Antipsychotic-Induced Glucose Intolerance, Weight Gain
- The Handoff: Your Week in Endocrinology News - 6/23/17
- Gestational Weight Gain Linked to Adverse Outcomes
- Worldwide Obesity Prevalence: BMI On The Rise in 70 Countries
- Grand Rounds Discussion: What Is The Role of Weight Loss Surgery in Obesity?
- Semaglutide Improved Beta-Cell Function and Glycemic Control in Type 2 Diabetes