Outside of hormone therapy, endocrinologists reported having low confidence in their knowledge about caring for transgender patients.
The stigma associated with excess weight may cause some older adults with obesity to avoid seeking health care.
Empathetic listening can help physicians navigate difficult situations and forge deeper connections with patients, leading to greater professional satisfaction and joy.
Overall, 68.8% of hospitals offer language services, with the proportion increasing with level of need..
Sometimes the most frustrating patients, the so-called "non-adherent" ones, can teach us how to improve diabetes care.
Simplification, consolidation, and real time point-of-care information could address the inefficiencies in the medical billing system.
Tips for increasing patient adherence to treatment plans include patient engagement and addressing barriers to adherence, according to an article published in Medical Economics.
Patients and their families believe that teams in acute and primary care are more effective when they include nurse practitioners.
More Americans than ever are satisfied with their visits to the doctor, according to a new survey conducted by The Harris Poll in September.
Online communications reduced the need for phone calls and office visits for many patients, according to new data.
The AAFP provided guidelines for physicians wishing to become more active in social media.
Cardiologist describes how showing her vulnerability through music has made her a better physician.
One doctor reports feeling a deeper connection to his patients as well as an improvement in patient satisfaction score.
Younger women less likely than men to be warned of risk, get same treatments, or survive after myocardial infarction.
Reasons include fear of side effects, costs, and misunderstanding of the need for medications.
Many older people unconcerned about or unaware of osteoporosis.
Pros include fostering of therapeutic relationship, while cons include lack of evidence for benefits.
Researchers noted significant decreases in 2 of 7 recommendations, but more needs to be done to ensure wider implementation.
Retail clinics can provide service as episodic alternative to care for relatively healthy patients.
It is important to maintain focus on humanistic practices in modern healthcare environment, authors state.
Providers should ensure they hold proper medical license and have medical liability coverage.
Level of achievement on gamification system linked to reduction in systolic, diastolic blood pressure.
Advisors can help practices focus on patient-centered care, rather than assumptions about patient needs.
West Virginia program prepares students to discuss topics in healthy eating and exercise with patients.
Nine of 13 articles show improvement in adherence rates with mobile health text messages.
Primary care physicians have an important role in preventing transition gaps for hospitalized patients.
Common themes include interdependence of communication and subtleties of patient behavior.
Precautions include avoiding medical jargon and breaking down information into small steps.
Findings show need for sensitivity training, expert suggests.
Suggestions include training staff on portal use and showing patients how to use the portal.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Imaging Studies in Hypothyroidism Evaluation Linked to Unnecessary Risks
- Transoral Endoscopic Thyroidectomy Vestibular Approach: Safety and Outcomes
- Once-Weekly Omarigliptin Improves Glycemic Control in Type 2 Diabetes
- Insulin Glargine Associated With Breast Cancer Risk in T2D
- High Grip Strength Associated With Lower Risk for Diabetes-Related AEs
- Update on Vitamin D and Calcium Supplements for Reducing Fracture Risk
- Bariatric Surgery: An Effective Treatment for Type 2 Diabetes
- Lower Risk for SGLT2i-Associated Genitourinary Infection With DPP-4i
- Severe Hypoglycemia Associated With Increased Mortality Risk in T2D
- Efficacy of CGM in Preterm Infants of Mothers With Diabetes
- Increased Risk of Diabetes, Post-Diabetes Pneumonia for Patients With COPD
- Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction Occurs After Islet Autoimmunity in T1D
- T2D in African American Women Ups ER-negative Breast Cancer Risk
- High-Sensitivity CRP and LDL-C Predictive of Subsequent MACE in T2D
- Risks Associated With Denosumab Discontinuation