Outside of hormone therapy, endocrinologists reported having low confidence in their knowledge about caring for transgender patients.
The stigma associated with excess weight may cause some older adults with obesity to avoid seeking health care.
Empathetic listening can help physicians navigate difficult situations and forge deeper connections with patients, leading to greater professional satisfaction and joy.
Overall, 68.8% of hospitals offer language services, with the proportion increasing with level of need..
Sometimes the most frustrating patients, the so-called "non-adherent" ones, can teach us how to improve diabetes care.
Simplification, consolidation, and real time point-of-care information could address the inefficiencies in the medical billing system.
Tips for increasing patient adherence to treatment plans include patient engagement and addressing barriers to adherence, according to an article published in Medical Economics.
Patients and their families believe that teams in acute and primary care are more effective when they include nurse practitioners.
More Americans than ever are satisfied with their visits to the doctor, according to a new survey conducted by The Harris Poll in September.
Online communications reduced the need for phone calls and office visits for many patients, according to new data.
The AAFP provided guidelines for physicians wishing to become more active in social media.
Cardiologist describes how showing her vulnerability through music has made her a better physician.
One doctor reports feeling a deeper connection to his patients as well as an improvement in patient satisfaction score.
Younger women less likely than men to be warned of risk, get same treatments, or survive after myocardial infarction.
Reasons include fear of side effects, costs, and misunderstanding of the need for medications.
Many older people unconcerned about or unaware of osteoporosis.
Pros include fostering of therapeutic relationship, while cons include lack of evidence for benefits.
Researchers noted significant decreases in 2 of 7 recommendations, but more needs to be done to ensure wider implementation.
Retail clinics can provide service as episodic alternative to care for relatively healthy patients.
It is important to maintain focus on humanistic practices in modern healthcare environment, authors state.
Providers should ensure they hold proper medical license and have medical liability coverage.
Level of achievement on gamification system linked to reduction in systolic, diastolic blood pressure.
Advisors can help practices focus on patient-centered care, rather than assumptions about patient needs.
West Virginia program prepares students to discuss topics in healthy eating and exercise with patients.
Nine of 13 articles show improvement in adherence rates with mobile health text messages.
Primary care physicians have an important role in preventing transition gaps for hospitalized patients.
Common themes include interdependence of communication and subtleties of patient behavior.
Precautions include avoiding medical jargon and breaking down information into small steps.
Findings show need for sensitivity training, expert suggests.
Suggestions include training staff on portal use and showing patients how to use the portal.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diabetic Retinopathy Risk Not Increased With GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Use in T2D
- Concurrent Risk Factors and Microvascular Complications in Type 1 Diabetes
- Higher Risk for Meningioma Linked to GH Treatment, Radiotherapy During Childhood
- Early Treatment Intensification and Faster Glycemic Control in T2D
- Executive Function Predicts T1D Management Into Emerging Adulthood
- Nutraceuticals May Benefit Patients Who Are Statin Intolerant
- Hypertension Treatments: ARBs
- Semaglutide vs Liraglutide for Weight Loss in Patients With Obesity
- Liraglutide May Lower Risk for Foot Amputation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Thyroid Hormone Levels, Body Composition, Insulin Resistance in Euthyroid Patients
- Cochrane Data Release and the Case for "Open Science"
- Rates of Incident Type 2 Diabetes in Chronic Kidney Disease
- Characteristics of Acquired Partial Lipodystrophy With Metabolic Abnormalities
- Poor Glycemic Control Associated With Higher Risk for Dementia in Older Adults With T1D
- Shift Seen From EDs to Urgent Care for Low-Acuity, Acute Care