Papillary Thyroid Cancer
CDC27 mutations may be associated with less aggressive behavior while SLC25A5 mutations may be associated with more aggressive behavior in papillary thyroid carcinomas.
Researchers have identified estimates for risk of occult nodal disease of patients with papillary thyroid cancer who have undergone surgery.
However, nearly one-third of patients develop lifelong complications following thyroid surgery.
Second primary malignancies among patients with post-Chernobyl papillary thyroid cancer include hematological malignancies, breast carcinoma, cervical carcinoma, and colon carcinomas.
Excellent accuracy for 10-year disease-specific death, recurrence.
Positive link to papillary, follicular, anaplastic thyroid cancer; inverse link for medullary thyroid cancer.
Cervical lymph node metastases are associated with compromised survival in young patients with papillary thyroid cancer.
HABP2 G534E variant is a susceptibility gene for familial nonmedullary thyroid cancer and functions as a dominant-negative tumor-suppressor gene.
Timing of radioactive iodine ablation doesn't affect overall survival in papillary thyroid cancer.
A trained scent dog was able to accurately identify thyroid cancer in urine samples from patients with thyroid nodules.
Radioactive iodine therapy was associated with improved survival and reduced mortality risk.
Kenneth D. Burman, MD, discusses one study suggesting that the optimal time for repeat evaluation of benign thyroid nodules is 2 to 4 years.
A blood assay that measures BRAF mutation levels may be helpful in diagnosing and monitoring papillary thyroid cancer.
Radioactive iodine therapy may slightly improve survival in papillary thyroid carcinoma.
Thyroid nodular disease and thyroid cancer prevalence appears to be higher in patients with acromegaly.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Two Phases of C-Peptide Decline Identified in Type I Diabetes
- Dulaglutide Effective for Patients With T2D, Moderate to Severe CKD
- Incidence of Diabetes Influenced by Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals in the Environment
- Guidelines for Management of Hypothalamic-Pituitary, Growth Disorders in Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Assessment of Low-Dose Aspirin As Chemoprevention in Type 2 Diabetes
- Using Latent Class Trajectory Analysis to Determine Glucose Response Curve Patterns
- First CGM System With Implantable Glucose Sensor Approved
- Adjunctive Metformin for Insulin Resistance in T1D: A Clinical Perspective
- Risk for Below Knee Amputations With Canagliflozin vs Other Antihyperglycemic Agents
- Empagliflozin, Linagliptin Combination Therapy vs Linagliptin Monotherapy for Type 2 Diabetes
- Government and Industry Lead the Way in Funding USPSTF Systematic Reviews
- New Romosozumab BLA Includes Data from Additional Osteoporosis Trials
- Impact of Maternal Diabetes on Outcomes in Very Preterm, Very Low-Birth-Weight Infants
- Age-Related Differences in Manifestation of Cushing Disease Identified
- International Group Develops Best Practices for Drug Packaging