Papillary Thyroid Cancer
CDC27 mutations may be associated with less aggressive behavior while SLC25A5 mutations may be associated with more aggressive behavior in papillary thyroid carcinomas.
Researchers have identified estimates for risk of occult nodal disease of patients with papillary thyroid cancer who have undergone surgery.
However, nearly one-third of patients develop lifelong complications following thyroid surgery.
Second primary malignancies among patients with post-Chernobyl papillary thyroid cancer include hematological malignancies, breast carcinoma, cervical carcinoma, and colon carcinomas.
Excellent accuracy for 10-year disease-specific death, recurrence.
Positive link to papillary, follicular, anaplastic thyroid cancer; inverse link for medullary thyroid cancer.
Cervical lymph node metastases are associated with compromised survival in young patients with papillary thyroid cancer.
HABP2 G534E variant is a susceptibility gene for familial nonmedullary thyroid cancer and functions as a dominant-negative tumor-suppressor gene.
Timing of radioactive iodine ablation doesn't affect overall survival in papillary thyroid cancer.
A trained scent dog was able to accurately identify thyroid cancer in urine samples from patients with thyroid nodules.
Radioactive iodine therapy was associated with improved survival and reduced mortality risk.
Kenneth D. Burman, MD, discusses one study suggesting that the optimal time for repeat evaluation of benign thyroid nodules is 2 to 4 years.
A blood assay that measures BRAF mutation levels may be helpful in diagnosing and monitoring papillary thyroid cancer.
Radioactive iodine therapy may slightly improve survival in papillary thyroid carcinoma.
Thyroid nodular disease and thyroid cancer prevalence appears to be higher in patients with acromegaly.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Higher BUN May Increase Risk for Incident Diabetes
- Efficacy of Novel GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Drug Device Examined
- Takeout Food May Increase Adverse Health Consequences in Children
- Nonhormonal Options Available for Menopause Symptom Relief
- Plasma Volume Changes Mediate Risk of CV Mortality With Empagliflozin
- New Consensus Recommendations on Use of Continuous Glucose Monitoring
- Does Genetic Susceptibility Lead to Late-Onset Type 1 Diabetes?
- Clinical Outcomes in T2D: Low-Carbohydrate vs Calorie-Restricted Diet
- New Continuous Glucose Monitoring System Now Available for Medicare Patients
- Text Message-Delivered Interventions Effective for Weight Management
- Effect of Intra-Articular Depot Betamethasone on Insulin Resistance in T2D
- Gastric Bypass vs Sleeve Gastrectomy Outcomes in Morbid Obesity
- Acute Kidney Injury Increases Risk for Postdischarge Hypoglycemia in Diabetes
- Novel Deep Learning System May Help Identify Diabetic Retinopathy
- Trends in CVD, Risk Factors, and Medications in Children With T1D