Papillary Thyroid Cancer
CDC27 mutations may be associated with less aggressive behavior while SLC25A5 mutations may be associated with more aggressive behavior in papillary thyroid carcinomas.
Researchers have identified estimates for risk of occult nodal disease of patients with papillary thyroid cancer who have undergone surgery.
However, nearly one-third of patients develop lifelong complications following thyroid surgery.
Second primary malignancies among patients with post-Chernobyl papillary thyroid cancer include hematological malignancies, breast carcinoma, cervical carcinoma, and colon carcinomas.
Excellent accuracy for 10-year disease-specific death, recurrence.
Positive link to papillary, follicular, anaplastic thyroid cancer; inverse link for medullary thyroid cancer.
Cervical lymph node metastases are associated with compromised survival in young patients with papillary thyroid cancer.
HABP2 G534E variant is a susceptibility gene for familial nonmedullary thyroid cancer and functions as a dominant-negative tumor-suppressor gene.
Timing of radioactive iodine ablation doesn't affect overall survival in papillary thyroid cancer.
A trained scent dog was able to accurately identify thyroid cancer in urine samples from patients with thyroid nodules.
Radioactive iodine therapy was associated with improved survival and reduced mortality risk.
Kenneth D. Burman, MD, discusses one study suggesting that the optimal time for repeat evaluation of benign thyroid nodules is 2 to 4 years.
A blood assay that measures BRAF mutation levels may be helpful in diagnosing and monitoring papillary thyroid cancer.
Radioactive iodine therapy may slightly improve survival in papillary thyroid carcinoma.
Thyroid nodular disease and thyroid cancer prevalence appears to be higher in patients with acromegaly.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Heritability of BMI Stronger in Obesogenic Environments
- Adverse Events Associated With Diazoxide Treatment for Congenital Hyperinsulinism
- Maternal Gluten Intake Associated With Risk for Type 1 Diabetes in Offspring
- Patterns of Evidence-Based Diabetes Interventions at Local Health Departments
- Bone-Derived Factors in the Treatment of Diabetes
- Vitamin D Supplementation Has No Effect on Musculoskeletal Health
- Deep Learning Algorithm Efficiently Detects Vision-Threatening Diabetic Retinopathy
- Industry-Funded Trials Often Involve Employees in Studies
- Nutrition Tips for Physicians: Staying Healthy During Busy Days
- Early-Onset Asthma/Wheezing Associated With Later Childhood Obesity