Generic Name and Formulations:
Alitretinoin 0.1%; gel.
Indications for PANRETIN:
Cutaneous lesions of AIDS-related Kaposi's sarcoma (KS).
Apply twice daily to lesions (avoid mucous membranes and normal skin); do not occlude; may increase to 3–4 times daily as tolerated. Reduce frequency or suspend treatment if local toxicity occurs.
Not for use when systemic KS therapy required. Avoid sun, UV light. Flammable. Pregnancy (Cat.D), nursing mothers: not recommended.
Increases DEET toxicity (avoid).
Photosensitivity, rash, pruritus, pain, exfoliative dermatitis, paresthesia, edema.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Marketing of 2 Devices to Detect Parathyroid Tissue in Real Time
- Long-Term Efficacy and Safety of Dapagliflozin for Type 1 Diabetes
- Skin Disease and Metabolic Syndrome: Early Warning Signs of a Greater Problem
- Diabetes Education Week 2018: Patient Resources for Your Practice
- Cardiometabolic Disease Patterns Related to Race, Ethnicity in Midlife Women