Generic Name and Formulations:
Nortriptyline HCl 10mg, 25mg, 50mg, 75mg; caps.
Indications for PAMELOR:
Initially 25mg 3–4 times daily; max 150mg/day. Elderly and adolescents: 30–50mg/day in single or divided doses.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Concomitant linezolid or IV methylene blue. Acute post-MI.
Suicidality and antidepressant drugs.
Increased risk of suicidal thinking and behavior in children, adolescents and young adults; monitor for clinical worsening and unusual changes. Monitor for emergence of serotonin syndrome; discontinue if occurs. Mania/hypomania. Bipolar disorder. Psychosis. ECT. Cardiovascular disease. Angle-closure glaucoma. Urinary retention. Epilepsy. Hyperthyroidism. Diabetes. Liver disorders. Monitor plasma levels if dose >100mg/day. Elderly. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Increased risk of serotonin syndrome with other serotonergic drugs (eg, triptans, tricyclic antidepressants, fentanyl, lithium, tramadol, tryptophan, buspirone, St. John's Wort) or with drugs that impair serotonin metabolism (eg, MAOIs, linezolid, IV methylene blue). Potentiates alcohol, sympathomimetics. CNS stimulation with reserpine. Potentiated by CYP2D6 inhibitors; monitor plasma levels with quinidine, cimetidine, SSRIs, phenothiazines, type 1C antiarrhythmics (eg, propafenone, flecainide). Antagonized by barbiturates, carbamazepine. Paralytic ileus, hyperpyrexia with anticholinergics. Blocks guanethidine.
Drowsiness, anticholinergic effects, CNS overstimulation, arrhythmias, extrapyramidal symptoms, hypo- or hypertension, nausea, fatigue, rash, headache, changes in blood sugar, photosensitivity, edema, blood dyscrasias, jaundice.
Caps—30; Soln—contact supplier
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Two Phases of C-Peptide Decline Identified in Type I Diabetes
- Dulaglutide Effective for Patients With T2D, Moderate to Severe CKD
- Incidence of Diabetes Influenced by Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals in the Environment
- Romosozumab: Effective in Men With Osteoporosis
- Guidelines for Management of Hypothalamic-Pituitary, Growth Disorders in Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Using Latent Class Trajectory Analysis to Determine Glucose Response Curve Patterns
- First CGM System With Implantable Glucose Sensor Approved
- Adjunctive Metformin for Insulin Resistance in T1D: A Clinical Perspective
- Risk for Below Knee Amputations With Canagliflozin vs Other Antihyperglycemic Agents
- Empagliflozin, Linagliptin Combination Therapy vs Linagliptin Monotherapy for Type 2 Diabetes
- NT-proBNP May Predict Cardiovascular Outcomes in Type 2 Diabetes
- Placebo Effect of Various Female Sexual Dysfunction Drug Txs Assessed
- Link Between Oral Diabetes Medications and Bullous Pemphigoid
- Calcium Channel Blocker May Benefit Patients With Type 1 Diabetes
- β-Cell Function in Youth With Impaired Glucose Tolerance, T2D