Investigators sought to determine whether female reproductive and hormonal factors affect the incidence of total knee arthroplasty for osteoarthritis.
Researchers sought to determine the predictive value of tibiofemoral MRI, patellofemoral MRI, and KLG1 for the incidence of clinical or radiographic knee OA.
Researchers sought to identify associations of female reproductive factors with incidence of total knee arthroplasty in osteoarthritis.
Researchers compared the effects of combined metformin and COX-2 inhibitor therapy vs COX-2 therapy alone on joint replacement surgery rates.
The prevalence of sarcopenia — particularly in combination with ostepenia — increases with age, and sarcopenic obesity may be underrecognized, despite its impact in patients with rheumatic diseases.
Patients with obesity experience similar recovery time to normal-weight patients.
Hand pain, disability, and stiffness were common in long-term type 1 diabetes.
Participants who lost between 5% and 10% or more than 10% of their body weight slowed knee joint degeneration, compared to those who maintained their current weight.
Data were collected from the Osteoarthritis Initiative to examine the relationship between knee osteoarthritis and hypertension.
Patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) were evaluated at a specialized clinic to determine the relationship between knee osteoarthritis and elevated Disease Activity Scores (DAS28).
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Behavioral Weight Loss Interventions May Prevent Obesity
- PCSK9 Inhibition: Benefits Outweigh Risks in Patients With Diabetes
- Association Between Urine Complement Proteins and Kidney Disease, Mortality in T2D
- Rates of Incident Type 2 Diabetes in Chronic Kidney Disease
- Availability and Affordability of Diabetes Medication Worldwide
- Estradiol, Cortisol, TGF-β1 Involved in Thyroid Immunity During Pregnancy and Postpartum
- Pharmacotherapy Personalization May Optimize Outcomes for Type 2 Diabetes
- Late-Onset Epilepsy Linked to Diabetes
- Examining the Ethical Considerations of Grateful Patient Fundraising
- Muscle Cell Proﬁles Relate to Exercise Response Variation in Type 2 Diabetes