Investigators sought to determine whether female reproductive and hormonal factors affect the incidence of total knee arthroplasty for osteoarthritis.
Researchers sought to determine the predictive value of tibiofemoral MRI, patellofemoral MRI, and KLG1 for the incidence of clinical or radiographic knee OA.
Researchers sought to identify associations of female reproductive factors with incidence of total knee arthroplasty in osteoarthritis.
Researchers compared the effects of combined metformin and COX-2 inhibitor therapy vs COX-2 therapy alone on joint replacement surgery rates.
The prevalence of sarcopenia — particularly in combination with ostepenia — increases with age, and sarcopenic obesity may be underrecognized, despite its impact in patients with rheumatic diseases.
Patients with obesity experience similar recovery time to normal-weight patients.
Hand pain, disability, and stiffness were common in long-term type 1 diabetes.
Participants who lost between 5% and 10% or more than 10% of their body weight slowed knee joint degeneration, compared to those who maintained their current weight.
Data were collected from the Osteoarthritis Initiative to examine the relationship between knee osteoarthritis and hypertension.
Patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) were evaluated at a specialized clinic to determine the relationship between knee osteoarthritis and elevated Disease Activity Scores (DAS28).
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Efficacy and Safety of Alirocumab in Diabetes Mellitus
- Safety of DPP-IV Inhibitor, Cardiovascular Events After ACS in Type 2 Diabetes
- Sex Hormone Levels May Affect Postmenopausal Heart Disease Risk
- Effect of Fructose, Allulose on Postprandial Glucose Regulation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Transgender Youth Not Willing to Delay Hormone Therapy for Fertility Preservation
- Diabetes Treatments
- Metformin May Decrease Colorectal Cancer Risk Among Males With Diabetes
- SGLT2 Inhibitor, GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Combination Treatment for Type 2 Diabetes: Expert Insights
- Semaglutide May Induce Weight Loss in Type 2 Diabetes Despite BMI
- FDA Clears Omnipod DASH System for Diabetes Management
- Single Blood Sample Highly Predictive for Subsequent Diabetes Diagnosis
- Plasma Methylglyoxal Levels Associated With CVD, Mortality in Type 2 Diabetes
- Adjunctive Metformin for Insulin Resistance in T1D: A Clinical Perspective
- AMA: Federal Government Must Tackle Rising Insulin Prices
- Diabetes Medication Reconciliation May Reduce Risk of ED Visits