Generic Name and Formulations:
Octoxynol-9 1% (50mg/applicatorful); contraceptive jelly; contains parabens.
Personal Products Co.
Indications for ORTHO-GYNOL:
1 teaspoonful spread over the surface and rim of diaphragm prior to intercourse provides 6 hrs protection. Reapply prior to each intercourse (if used with diaphragm do not remove diaphragm; use applicator). Do not remove before 6 hrs following intercourse. Extr Str may be used with condom or alone: 1 applicatorful into vagina up to 1 hr before intercourse and before each additional intercourse. For all: use with each intercourse regardless of day of menstrual cycle.
Discontinue if irritation occurs.
Local vaginal or penile irritation.
Gynol—2.5oz, 3.8oz (w. applicator)
Gynol Ext Str—2.85g (w. applicator)
Ortho-Gynol—3.8oz (w. applicator)
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Update on Vitamin D and Calcium Supplements for Reducing Fracture Risk
- AAP Shares List of 5 Unnecessary Pediatric Tests and Procedures
- Lower Risk for SGLT2i-Associated Genitourinary Infection With DPP-4i
- Severe Hypoglycemia Associated With Increased Mortality Risk in T2D
- Efficacy of CGM in Preterm Infants of Mothers With Diabetes
- High Grip Strength Associated With Lower Risk for Diabetes-Related AEs
- Statin Use for CVD Prevention Increases Diabetes Risk in Overweight Patients
- Optimal Timing of Gastric Bypass and Cholecystectomy When Both Procedures Clinically Indicated
- Does Asthma Contribute to Infertility?
- Short-Term Probiotics Increase Weight Loss in Overweight, Obesity