Generic Name and Formulations:
Gadoversetamide 330.9mg/mL; soln for IV inj; preservative-free.
Indications for OPTIMARK:
For use with magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in patients with abnormal blood brain barrier or abnormal vascularity of the brain, spine and associated tissues. For use with MRI to provide contrast enhancement and facilitate visualization of lesions with abnormal vascularity in the liver in patients who are highly suspect for liver structural abnormalities on computed tomography.
Give as bolus peripheral IV injection at a dose of 0.2mL/kg at a rate of 1–2mL/sec.
Chronic, severe renal disease (GFR <30mL/min/1.73m2) or acute renal injury.
Nephrogenic systemic fibrosis (NSF).
Increase risk for nephrogenic systemic fibrosis in patients with impaired elimination of gadolinium-based contrast agents. Screen for acute kidney injury and other conditions that reduce renal function. Use lowest possible dose. Do not exceed recommended dose; allow sufficient period of time for elimination prior to re-administration. Sickle cell anemia and other hemoglobinopathies. Hemolytic anemias. History of asthma, allergy or other respiratory disorders. Anaphylactoid reactions possible; have emergency resuscitative equipment available. Monitor for hypersensitivity during and for several hours after injection; discontinue if occurs. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended; discard breast milk up to 72hrs after injection.
Gadolinium-based contrast agent.
Interference in serum iron, copper, zinc, and calcium measurements.
Headache, vasodilation, taste perversion, dizziness, nausea, paresthesia; anaphylaxis (may be fatal).
Vials (5mL, 10mL, 15mL, 20mL)—10; Syringes (10mL, 15mL, 20mL, 30mL)—10
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Subclinical Hypothyroidism: Controversies in Testing and Treatment
- Favorable Outcomes With Second-Generation Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Canagliflozin Trial for T2D With CKD Stopped Early Due to Positive Results
- Type 2 Diabetes and Alzheimer Disease: What's the Connection?
- Risk for Hypoglycemia During Titration With Insulin Glargine 100 U/mL in T2D
- Using Latent Class Trajectory Analysis to Determine Glucose Response Curve Patterns
- First CGM System With Implantable Glucose Sensor Approved
- Empagliflozin, Linagliptin Combination Therapy vs Linagliptin Monotherapy for Type 2 Diabetes
- Risk for Below Knee Amputations With Canagliflozin vs Other Antihyperglycemic Agents
- Two Phases of C-Peptide Decline Identified in Type I Diabetes
- Effect of SGLT2 Inhibitors on Heart Failure-Related Hospitalization, Below-Knee Amputation
- Nutraceuticals Containing Equol May Be Effective for Postmenopausal Symptoms
- Conservative Monitoring Strategy for Non-Functioning Pituitary Adenomas Evaluated
- FDA: Some Rx Drugs May Become Available Without Seeing a Doctor
- PM2.5 Contributes to Burden of Diabetes Mellitus Globally