Losing weight is more complex than following a simple diet.
The stigma associated with excess weight may cause some older adults with obesity to avoid seeking health care.
Patients with metabolically healthy obesity are more likely to develop type 2 diabetes.
Weight Watchers plus additional education improved glycemic control in overweight or obese patients with type 2 diabetes.
Children and adolescents with a diagnosis of depression or who have used antidepressants were more likely to have a higher BMI.
A meal-timing strategy may reduce swings in hunger as well as change fat- and carbohydrate-burning patterns.
A lack of insurance coverage for weight-loss treatments as well as diagnoses of obesity are significant barriers.
Patients who undergo Roux-en-Y gastric bypass are less likely to die from obesity or other diseases than those who did not undergo the procedure 10 years later.
Researchers assessed the safety and efficacy of meal replacement plus topiramate vs placebo for BMI reduction in adolescents with severe obesity.
Patients who lost weight with liraglutide after 16 weeks achieved clinically significant weight loss at 56 weeks.
Efforts to keep children healthy must extend to summer breaks from school.
An analysis of genetic traits has revealed a new link between THNSL2 gene expression and obesity in a group of healthy men.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Two Phases of C-Peptide Decline Identified in Type I Diabetes
- Dulaglutide Effective for Patients With T2D, Moderate to Severe CKD
- Incidence of Diabetes Influenced by Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals in the Environment
- Guidelines for Management of Hypothalamic-Pituitary, Growth Disorders in Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Assessment of Low-Dose Aspirin As Chemoprevention in Type 2 Diabetes
- Using Latent Class Trajectory Analysis to Determine Glucose Response Curve Patterns
- First CGM System With Implantable Glucose Sensor Approved
- Adjunctive Metformin for Insulin Resistance in T1D: A Clinical Perspective
- Risk for Below Knee Amputations With Canagliflozin vs Other Antihyperglycemic Agents
- Empagliflozin, Linagliptin Combination Therapy vs Linagliptin Monotherapy for Type 2 Diabetes
- Government and Industry Lead the Way in Funding USPSTF Systematic Reviews
- New Romosozumab BLA Includes Data from Additional Osteoporosis Trials
- Impact of Maternal Diabetes on Outcomes in Very Preterm, Very Low-Birth-Weight Infants
- Age-Related Differences in Manifestation of Cushing Disease Identified
- International Group Develops Best Practices for Drug Packaging